You are here
12 Operations Interview Questions for Your Next Candidate
When interviewing a potential Operations Manager, you want to get as much useful information as humanly possible. There are plenty of questions aside from the typical recitation of the resume and, “What are your strengths and weaknesses?” that can tell you what you need to know.
Generic interview questions won’t be enough to help you identify an exceptional Operations Manager for your business. These managers will have a lot of responsibility in your organization, so it is important to find someone with the right experience and skills.
There are, however, some more in-depth questions that you can pose during an interview. Here are just a few operations interview questions that will help you find the right candidate for your open position:
1. How do you delegate work to employees?
2. What is your project management style?
3. What is one example of a project you oversaw that involved multiple teams? How did you manage that situation, and what was the result?
4. What do you do when facing a small budget or lack of resources? Have you faced this challenge in the past?
5. Has your team ever struggled to meet business goals? How did you address the situation?
6. What is your strategy for scheduling your day?
7. Tell me about the best manager you’ve ever had.
8. How does company culture affect your work?
9. Which industry trends have specifically affected you as a manager?
10. Discuss an instance in which one of your ideas has helped to improve operations at other companies.
11. How do you approach an employee who is resisting change.
12. Which Management Information Systems have you used?