VP of Marketing
Director of Marketing
A cannabis-based health and wellness company
About Our Client
dosist (formally hmbldt), named one of TIME's Top 25 Inventions of 2016, is a cannabis-based health and wellness company founded on the premise that plant-based medicine can bring healing and happiness to the masses. Through six targeted formulas-Relief, Sleep, Bliss, Calm, Passion, and Arouse-dosist delivers safe, targeted, and effective solutions for some of our most common ailments. The proprietary hmbldt dose pen delivers precise doses, creating a reliable and repeatable experience. Founded in California, this role can be based in Vancouver or Ontario the company takes an ethical approach to production which includes fully recyclable medical grade plastic and a rigorous testing process to ensure all products are safe and pesticide-free.
dosist is looking for a world class marketing leader to join the team. A passion for health, wellness and a deep understanding of how to scale a marketing team in a branded business are key. Want to transform an industry? Join the team.
Maintain, protect and grow the brand.
Marketing sits at the intersection of all disciplines ensuring our story gets out to the public with the same care and attention the team has invested into every other piece of the company.
Build and lead a world class team
- As a founding member of the executive team in Canada, the marketing leader is responsible for building the entire Canadian marketing organization
Supporting leadership with strategic development
- Support executive team in strategic planning
- Lead content KPI development and monthly reporting
Communications planning and development
- Own the marketing and promotions calendar
Develop a comprehensive culture calendar and coordinate with leadership on promotional and marketing activity
- Oversee development and production of all marketing communications Support marketing team with development of brand building tools (including, but not limited to collateral, website, social and programs)
- Drive and encourage cross functional / global collaboration Serve as the "hub" for marketing, driving and encouraging collaboration with any and all internal and external partners
Partnership management and development
- Serve as the key point of contact for all vendor and partner relationships
- Lead weekly team status to ensure team is on target and up to speed
- Prepare briefs, brief partners and develop creative and communication strategies
Oversight and administration
- Responsible for marketing budget to service team needs, tools, subject matter experts and additional content programming
- Develop and manage timelines and schedules
- Track and maintain budgets
- Be an industry / category expert. Monitor competitive. Stay across all trends
- Build partnership between marketing, operations and regulatory (in both Canada & US) to ensure all copy meets legal requirements.
- Reporting to the President with a dotted line reporting into the Chief Marketing Officer (US)
- An estimated team of (collectively) of 20-30 will be supporting this role across Canada
The Successful Applicant
A minimum of 8 years progressive experience in Marketing.
Degree in Marketing ideally.
History of Brand Management growth in a regulated product market.
Passion for health and wellness.
Experience in field marketing would be beneficial.
Ready to change an industry.
Ideally mixed experience in start up (high growth) and larger companies.
What's on Offer
Marketing leading package and benefits for the successful Director of Marketing.