- Vice President Operations
- ( Logistics, Warehousing and Planning)
About Our Client
A growing international manufacturing distribution business.
Role: Traditional end to end supply chain/ operations VP role.
Objective : Helping an expanding distribution team grow their North American hub.
Direct the warehouse and transportation operations, purchasing and inventory, demand planning and supply chain operations of the client. Manage the cost, capital, and efficiency of all operations. Optimize company profitability, return on capital, and service to customers. Lead the operations team, provide direction, structure, systems, training, and motivation.
As a member of the Executive Team, provide input and support to the CEO and other Executives and their departments. The director of operations has four direct reports, customer service manager, warehouse supervisor, demand planner and shipping coordinator
- Identify best locations for warehouses and manage leases.
- Manage capital and equipment matters.
- Manage personnel matters of all operations departments.
- Operate warehouses safely and within budget.
- Manage all outside logistics matters including 3PL contracts and transportation.
- Manage all transportation, inbound and outbound.
- Manage customer service to provide a high level of service efficiently.
- Direct optimal routing to manage costs and provide satisfactory service.
- Ensure best possible customer service, on time and in full delivery.
- Manage purchasing to ensure lowest possible cost and proper inventory levels.
- Manage inventory to ensure optimal service to customers and optimal inventory investment.
- Maintain safety standards and results.
- Track and report to the CEO and Executive Team all operations KPI's, budget, and safety metrics.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class otherwise protected under applicable human rights legislation. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled and all other qualified applicants
The Successful Applicant
- Seven years plus progressive experience in a VP /Director level operations position
- Seven years minimum experience being the sole manager of a warehouse.
- Five years minimum experience managing warehouse inventory, truck deliveries and truck leases.
- Experience managing Customer Service is desirable bus not essential.
- Experience managing warehouse and driver safety.
- Experience with ERP systems
- Experience with sophisticated operations, supply chain, and S&OP techniques
- Experience with managing import and customs
- International experience is desirable but not essential
What's on Offer
An excellent package for the successful VP Operations.