- Canadian company very recognized which operates in the refractory industry
- 5+ years of applied experience in technical sales to industry
About Our Client
Our client is Canadian company very recognized in its domain which operates in the refractory industry and which proposes to its customers applications in insulation and high temperature sealing applications. Located in Montreal, he is recruiting a Technical Sales Representative (French / English) to lead and growth sales in Quebec.
Reporting directly to the President, you will have in charge of the management of an active portfolio of customers and develop the sales in the province of Quebec.
- Direct account responsibility for key accounts.
- Work within the Key Sales Performance Indicator system and participate in on-going performance reviews.
- In conjunction with the President, ensure that the business plans for each of the product lines are implemented.
- Prepare account plans with target accounts, and review and update progress on a quarterly basis.
- Participate in personal development training and technical training of product lines.
- Ensure the company maintains a high profile and professional image through active participation in relevant industry associations and trade shows.
- Participate in regular sales meetings.
- Communicate suggestions for improvement on a regular basis and participate in implementation.
- Assist in the preparation of annual sales forecasts.
- Work closely with the Inside Sales team to ensure the company is exceeding the expectations of its principals.
- Recommend and assist in the development of new product lines and principal relationships.
- Submit expenses using required format on a monthly basis.
- Grow existing customer accounts and relationships.
- Develop and build relationships with new accounts and develop additional contacts within existing accounts and increase market share.
- Develop and execute strategies aimed at growing target accounts related to geography, market segment, product line or account resulting in revenue growth.
- Provide or facilitate technical assistance to customers and other Business Unit sales staff to ensure all sales activity is fully supported.
- Promote goodwill by supporting marketing initiative to create more awareness and presence within the industry.
- Keep up-to-date records on sales calls, customer contacts, and details of meetings in a timely manner in the format required.
- Prepare and present technical presentations on products and services.
- Entertain clients as required.
MPI ne fait pas de discrimination fondée sur la race, la religion, le sexe, l'orientation sexuelle, l'identité ou l'expression du genre, l'âge, le handicap, l'état civil, ou sur le statut d'un individu dans un groupe ou une classe quelconque autrement protégé par la législation applicable en matière de droits de l'homme. MPI encourage les candidatures des minorités, des femmes, des personnes handicapées et de tous les autres candidats qualifiés.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class otherwise protected under applicable human rights legislation. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled and all other qualified applicants
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 5 years' experience in technical sales.
- Extensive knowledge/experience in sales.
- Knowledge/experience in the refractory manufacturing industry will be a strong asset.
- Proven experience in organizing sales calls and schedules, and evidence of detailed reporting is required.
- Competency in SAP Business One and Microsoft Office or equivalent.
- Exceptional skills in developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Proven track record in developing new sales and accounts.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and self motivation.
- Must be hands on and enjoy a broad range of activities.
- Will exhibit an eagerness for contributing beyond immediate duties and getting the job done.
- Will be persuasive and will have the ability to persuade.
- Will be sufficiently mature to be able to move forward from setbacks.
- Some travel may be required.
What's on Offer
Permanent role - based in Montreal.