Sr. Accountant Investment
Opportunity to join a close-knit, high-performing team
Develop and continue growing your financial modelling skillset
About Our Client
Our client is a leading mortgage insurance located in Oakville, Ontario.
- Participation in the monthly and quarterly general ledger close process for multiple reporting bases; including but not limited to third-party G/L feed management, reconciliations, variance investigation and resolution and internal reporting templates; as it pertains to Investments.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual disclosures: Financial Statements, MD&A and Internal Reporting Packages in respect of Investments / Derivatives for multiple reporting bases.
- Participation in projects related to transition and/or investment and derivatives systems implementation.
- Participation in IFRS 9 implementation, including the implementation of an Expected Credit Loss model for fixed income financial instruments
- Managing internal and external audits including providing support for Sarbanes Oxley controls relating to Investment and Derivatives processes.
- Managing investments forecast models (i.e. building seamless interfaces between data-sources and models) and seeking opportunities for automation and efficiencies.
- Analyzing and reporting investment forecast results to provide insights to business.
Assistance with vacation coverage for Investments team as required.
The Successful Applicant
- University degree and CPA
- 5+ plus years of progressive finance experience
- Advanced knowledge of IFRS 9 preferred. Alternatively, deep general knowledge of IAS 39 investment accounting standard
- Experience with derivative financial instruments preferred
- Experience with technical accounting research and documentation
- Experience with public company financial reporting requirements preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Financial modelling experience preferred
- Sense of urgency, understands the importance of adhering to deliverable timelines
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- A self-starter and quick learner
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to articulate complex technical information/ideas clearly
- Demonstrates a clear commitment to the highest standards of professional and personal conduct
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary with a generous amount of benefits.