Software Engineering Manager
Excellent growth opportunity as an early member on the leadership team
An opportunity to scale your own development team
About Our Client
The company we're representing is a post Series A software start-up looking to find a Engineering Manager to help fill out their software development team. As they're starting to hit their growth stage it's vital to find the right person for this role as they'll shape the strategic direction and scaling of their software development team
What you'll be doing:
- Lead engineering teams within the vertical by providing vision, strategy, and engineering quality and excellence
- Work extensively with the Product team to define long term roadmap as a joint unit
- In this cross functional role, communicate effectively with Stakeholders, Product, Sales, Operations to ensure that the organizations vision aligns with the engineering team
The Successful Applicant
What you must have:
- Proven technical management experience in a scaling startup environment.
- Experience with many of: Java, Python, Ruby, RestAPIs, Golang, mySQL, Android/iOS development
- History of growing teams by grooming leaders and working closely with inhouse/external recruiters to build development teams.
- A love of learning and a passion for what you do.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
What you might have:
- Experience with development in the Agile methodology
- Knowledge of Cloud platforms like AWS, GCP
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary with complete healh and dental benefits from Day 1
- Weekly catered lunches, stocked snack bar
- Paid community volunteer days and monthly office socials
- Dog friendly office
- TTC Accessible
At Michael Page we only work with equal opportunity employers that value diversity at their companies. We do not discriminate.
Accomodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process