Software Development Manager
AI startup in medical device based in Montreal
3+ years managing software development team
About Our Client
Our client, AI startup in medical device based in Montreal, is seeking a Software Development Manager with some knowledge in data science to help the company by providing project leadership support in the development of a new system.
Reporting to Senior VP of R&D, the role requires the managing and timely delivery of current and future software modules and applications that support the platform technology. Given the early stage of the company, the role requires some hands-on development along with management of the software group.
The successful candidate would also work with the quality and regulatory team to ensure the development process follows the necessary quality management systems required to comply with regulatory standards specific to the design and development of medical devices (IEC 62304). This position will require some hands-on C# programming, compliance with quality systems and interfacing with algorithm team. Our client is committed to creating a culture that emphasizes delivering the highest quality products and the successful candidate would play a critical role in this regard.
MPI ne fait pas de discrimination fondée sur la race, la religion, le sexe, l'orientation sexuelle, l'identité ou l'expression du genre, l'âge, le handicap, l'état civil, ou sur le statut d'un individu dans un groupe ou une classe quelconque autrement protégé par la législation applicable en matière de droits de l'homme. MPI encourage les candidatures des minorités, des femmes, des personnes handicapées et de tous les autres candidats qualifiés.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class otherwise protected under applicable human rights legislation. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled and all other qualified applicants
- Management, leadership and mentoring of the software development team (4 people).
- Extensive knowledge in software architectural design of medical systems for traceability, cross-product compatibility, expansion, and maintainability.
- Design, document, implement and test medical system software written in C# and Matlab
- Documentation in accordance with Medical Software Development life cycle.
- Interact with R&D and Clinical teams ensuring the translation of new features, products and user needs to software requirements.
- Generate design specifications, test plans, traceability results, participate in design review and risk analysis activities.
- Establish and maintain a comprehensive and detailed understanding of product specifications and requirements.
- Provide input and critical analysis of medical software development projects.
- Support, maintain and document software functionality, maintain standards compliance and follow quality assurance procedures.
The Successful Applicant
- Master or Bachelor in Computer Sciences or Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related field preferred.
- Experienced in designing software architecture.
- 3+ years of industry experience in medical device software development.
- 3+ years managing software development team and familiarity with Agile development processes.
- Sound working knowledge of the medical software development lifecycle and specific skill in application development using .NET, C#, Matlab (helpful but not required) and JIRA project management tools.
- Experience with designing, documenting, implementing and testing control systems.
- Familiarity with Quality Management systems and ISO 13485 requirements.
- Excellent communication skills. Proficiency in English is required.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and to provide effective leadership in a team environment.
- Able to effectively analyze problems and strategize for better solutions.
- Flexibility in working hours to meet customer expectations and company deadlines.
What's on Offer
Permanent role / Fulltime based in Montreal.