- Join an award winning, family run General Contractor
- Excellent compensation and benefits package
About Our Client
The client is a Waterloo based, family owned and operated general contractor. They really value teamwork, health and safety and attention to detail. They work with top client across the KWC area to create unique and beautiful spaces
- Organize scheduling of subcontractors, consultants, inspectors and vendors to ensure each project is completed on time
- Oversee work to ensure quality control standards are met at each stage of the project
- Communicate with the project team and support each subcontractor to execute his job duties effectively and efficiently
- Liaise with government inspectors on the standard requirements of the site
- Tracking/logging daily manpower on site and maintaining a project journal
- Identify and resolve problems and conflicts, organizing meetings and cooperating with team members in various roles as necessary
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class otherwise protected under applicable human rights legislation. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled and all other qualified applicants
The Successful Applicant
* Experience as a Site Superintendent in the construction industry
* Formal education preferred (college courses or diploma in construction techniques/technology)
* Fluent in the interpretation of blueprints, shop drawings and construction specifications
* Surveying knowledge: the ability to lay out a building and set elevations
* Proven track record of completing projects on time
* Ability to troubleshoot problems with schedule and/or constructability
* Excellent communication skills (required for communicating with the Project Manager, clients, employees, subtrades)
* Comfortable using app-based technology. (Note: training will be provided.)
* Good understanding of construction documents (e.g. change orders)
* General knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as completion of relevant construction safety courses (e.g. Working at Heights)
* A valid driver's license (G) with a clean driving record
* Gold Seal Certification is an asset
What's on Offer
* Full-time, permanent employment with a company you can genuinely be proud to work for.
* Industry-leading wages and benefits package, including mileage.
* A company vehicle or a vehicle allowance.
* Full support to help you grow in your career. We encourage everyone on our team to explore professional development - whether that be taking courses at Conestoga College or the GVCA to increase your skill set.
* Work with an amazing team (that is also fun!) We offer all team members performance incentives.
* Great work/hard work does not go unnoticed.
* Our company has an award-winning Health & Safety program and a robust safety culture. You can rest assured that all health and safety measures are being taken so that you can perform your job safely.
* Our team is professional, hard working and excited to continually build incredible spaces inside and out.
* Plus - we wear really cool Roots work gear!