Senior Ruby Developer/Team Lead
Be a part of one of the leading organizations in this space
Exciting opportunity for a driven individual looking for a fastpaced environment
About Our Client
Our client is a silicon valley start-up, now scaling and operating in Toronto too !
They have already received huge rounds of funding, and have majority of their technology team based out of their Toronto office while the rest of the teams are in San Francisco.
You will be responsible to:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Help the team architect, build, scale and automate across our product pipeline from user experience to insurance data reconciliation and reporting.
- Someone who wants to design, drive and implement solutions. From translating business specs to technical requirements; from testing and fixing code, this is a build-it-new challenge for a Developer looking to be part of a growing, exciting company.
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization
The Successful Applicant
- You have 4+ years hands-on experience with:
- Ruby on Rails.
- Relational databases (PostgreSQL).
- Building and scaling user-focused mobile applications.
- You want to make a difference and see the impact of what you do working on mission critical systems.
- You know how to write clean, easy-to-understand code. You strive for perfection and have a history of shipping well-tested code quickly.
- You have an interest in mentoring junior engineers.
- You can translate business to technical and vice versa easily. You are comfortable working with stakeholders at any level.
What's on Offer
- An extremely steep learning curve
- Great Salary, benefits, perks etc