Opportunity for Growth
Competitive Earning Potential
About Our Client
Always innovative, Bermingham was founded in 1897 and now specializes in multi-million dollar heavy civil, industrial and concrete projects.
The incumbent will be responsible to oversee a portfolio of full cycle estimates within Bermingham's GC and Heavy Concrete divisions.
This will be a leadership role providing coaching, mentorship, and leadership to junior and intermediate estimators working closely with the VP.
In a Sr. Estimating capacity, you will be directly involved with third party trades, clients, and other industry stakeholders.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 10 years working in Heavy Construction, Road Building, Industrial Construction.
- College or University Civil Engineering Diploma/Degree. Although this is a prerequisite, it can be overlooked if the candidate has been working in the industry for a significant period of time and has a proven track record.
- Loyal - Has not work at several companies in his carrier. We consider our estimators as being critical to our business and also the guards of critical information. We cannot afford to have this information floated to our competitors
- Quick Study - Picks things up quickly and is willing to learn about our business.
- Open Minded - We pride ourselves on trying different things and trying things different ways. Being open minded is an important skill.
- Hard Working - We typically turn out between 150 - 200 bids a year, spread around three estimators this can mean a lot of work, especially for Senior person in the department.
- Competitive when it comes to winning work.
- Detail Oriented - We are looking for an estimator, so this quality is very important. That said we also need to complete things in a timely manner and be able to bid multiple projects at a time, which means that you need to know when to say good enough.
- Computer Competencies - Must has very good working knowledge of Excel and Word. Knowledge of Microsoft Project is an asset.
- Strong English - Both orally, written and technical terminology.
- Team Player - We work on estimates in teams. A Sr. Estimator is going to need to get along with the Operations Team and Business Development.
- Mechanical Aptitude - We need someone who understand how things work. Without that working knowledge it will be tough to learn our business
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation package including annual performance bonus initiative, vehicle allowance, and comprehensive benefit plan.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.