Senior Construction Project Manager
Great Strategic Leadership Opportunity
Industry Leading Compensation Package
About Our Client
Lafarge in Canada is proud to provide construction solutions in the buildings, infrastructure and industrial segments. These solutions are built with high performance products from our cement, aggregates, ready-mix concrete, asphalt and road construction, and concrete products divisions. From the use of alternative materials and recycling to renewable energy, Lafarge's focus is to develop innovative products that can contribute toward sustainably constructed building solutions. Our client takes personal growth and development to heart, and provides resources for our employees to take control of their own careers.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Lead the business with the utmost focus on health & safety
- Proactively implement Lafarge best practices, engage with all levels of employees in this regard and ensure that personnel are actively seeking out real time solutions to identified risks
- Provide visible and felt health & safety leadership
- Interact synergistically with Ready Mix, Aggregate, Cement, Asphalt/Paving/Construction, Concrete Products, and functional counterparts to ensure optimal results for Lafarge.
- Develop talent and ensure a strong pipeline of talent under their direct responsibility.
- Create a strong and positive image for Lafarge within its customer base of key accounts.
- Forge effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
Management and Human Resources:
- Manage project management staff
- Provide support and mentoring for personnel on projects
- Provide leadership and direction to supervisors, field crews, consultants, contractors, and the general public.
- Project specific partnering initiatives
- Promote "Branded Products"
- Develops long-term relationships with clients.
- Stays current with municipal and industrial job market.
- Manage, and review, tenders and proposals,and major bids
- Responsible for all environmental aspects on projects
- Assign personnel to projects
- Assist with the allocation of resources
- Provide Value Engineering for projects
- Responsible for all project invoicing
- Chair weekly PM meetings and attend weekly site meetings
- Provide project support in resolving contractual disputes
- Manage cash flow
- Subcontract agreements and administration
- Procurement of materials and payment of invoices.
- Conduct pre-construction meetings with all pertinent parties
- Direct liaison with owner/consultant and field.
- Ensure client satisfaction has been achieved
- Compile all data pertaining to the project.
- Solicit pricing from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Acquire appropriate documentation for the tender / proposal
- Work with the Operations Manager to ensure proper scheduling
- Review data to determine material and labour requirements and prepare itemized lists for proposed and/or approved projects.
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates, bids and proposals used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, scheduling work and determining cost effectiveness; lay out and traffic control plans with rentals, vendors or subcontractors.
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
- Consults with clients, vendors, subcontractors or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates, organize and manage contracts and resolve issues.
- Prepares and submits necessary documents to acquire bonds and insurance certificates, or any other permits necessary to facilitate completion of project tasks.
- Orders material specific to project.
- Prepares completed project Fact Sheet and Estimate Data Sheet for Operations.
- Throughout project execution, attends job progress meetings to ensure compliance to contract specifications submitted scheduling and quality standards.
- Submits to accounting job status from progress billing and client invoicing.
- Provides project status reports to operations management.
- Negotiate all subcontracts, supervise subcontractor activities and coordinate activities between subcontractors and Operations.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Engineering degree/diploma or equivalent from a university, college or technical school
- A minimum of 15+ years related construction experience in progressive leadership roles
- Demonstrated track record of achieving superior operating and financial results across multiple projects within the construction industry
- Project management involving large complex capital projects with $250M+ project scope
Proven track record of initiating, developing, closing and managing complex deals.
Experience and Skill Set:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret plans and specifications, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations
- Ability to effectively present information in writing, and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Computer proficient in word processing and spreadsheet applications
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation package including industry leading benefits, RSP, vacation and bonus structure.
Salary will be commensurate with experience to $180,000 per annum.
The position is based in Calgary.