Senior Accounting Manager, Real Estate
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest Pension Plans in Canada.
- Provide oversight of the financial statements for all various Real Estate legal entities
- Ensure that the real estate activities are accurately accounted for in the company's general ledger and financial statements.
- Oversee all accounting operations functions including internal control systems, policies and procedures
- Drive change management and innovation to improve process efficiencies.
- Identify control gaps, implement and execute remediation plans.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiencies. Make recommendation on best course of action and follow through to implementation.
- Keep abreast of changes to accounting standards as they relate to Real Estate. Ensure company's policies and procedures are updated accordingly
- Manage relationship with and provide oversight of external service providers such as property managers, asset managers, general partners, auditors, and legal and tax advisors.
The Successful Applicant
- University Bachelors/Masters in Finance/Business/Accounting
- CPA CA/CGA/CMA
- 10+ years of Real Estate Investment accounting work experience (preferred)
- Knowledge of IFRS and ASPE, specifically in relation to real estate investment
- Skilled in investment analysis, reporting systems and computer applications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Laise with all levels of the organization and build external relationships with asset and property managers, auditors and consultants
What's on Offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Full benefits