Sales- Electronic Trading
About Our Client
Global Institutional Investment Network
This role serves as an external face of the company to the Member community. You will be the customers' primary trading coverage and algo point of contact, and must be fully versed in understanding the company's trading systems, algo strategies, the ever-changing trends in the institutional trading industry, Canadian and global equities markets, and be able to articulate how these areas fit together.
You will also act as the liaison between the Member firms and the support team, and can immediately service customer needs and issues as they arise. The right candidate will possess the ability to learn and identify distinct trading styles and algo strategies practiced at various institutions in order to effectively communicate and demonstrate the companys' role. Successful candidates must be able to effectively operate on a team and aggressively manage their time. They will have strong interpersonal skills, proven sales skills and will be expected to develop solid relationships both internally and externally.
The Successful Applicant
- Must possess the unique combination of communications and analytical skills.
- Must possess an understanding of the Canadian trading landscape-how Canadian stocks trade-as well as regulations around algorithmic trading.
- 5+ experience in selling and/or supporting Canadian trading and algos
- Dynamic personality with proven ability to interact/entertain clients is a must.
- IIROC Registration as an approved Representative (Salesperson) in all provinces and Registered Person with FINRA
- Office products and knowledge/experience with trading (EMS/OMS) systems, algos and market solutions (e.g. Bloomberg).
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in an applicable discipline
- Travel within Canada is required
- Extensive experience with electronic, matching and algorithmic trading solutions, matching systems and strategies. Advise and support Members and customers in their use of the platform and algo solutions. Communicate to members and prospective clients how our products and services interact with each other and the market place to drive client results.
- Understanding of other institutional solutions and analysis, such as TCA, Quantitative models and Commission Management
- Account relationships, proven sales skills, relationship building and trading experience with buy side and/or brokerage firms are required. Experience with sales/trading in Canada, US and global equities markets
- Support colleagues and Members through analysis of Liquidnet's proprietary trading, usage and behaviour data, tapping as well, publicly-available data such as market data.
What's on Offer
Electronic Trading Sales Opportunity with a lot of ownership