Sales Director Canada
Company acting in health foods industry based in Montreal
Leading sales team across Canada
About Our Client
Our client is a company acting in health foods industry based in Montreal. To continue to grow, our client is currently looking for a Sales Director for Canada.
You will be in charge of maximizing sales in Canada with clients on the company (pharmacies, health food and grocery stores).
As Sales Director, you will be responsible for directly supervising and coaching a sales team of 15 sales reps and to manage, with the support of your key account managers team, sales of different chains.
Main responsibilities will be:
- Develop and implement a sales strategy to optimise profitable business growth opportunities and ensure targets are achieved.
- Designing, executing and managing the sales plan once agreed.
- Lead, develop and motivate your sales team to deliver outstanding results and ensure continuous improvement through efficient ways of working and a culture of evaluation, learning and performance management.
- Working in collaboration with your key managers to support the organisation to develop, implement and sustain appropriate enabling strategies that meet the needs of the customer, simultaneously ensuring the department supports others to achieve their goals.
- Key responsibility for developing relationships with key customers.
- Development of annual key customer prospecting plan to achieve targeted results.
- Construct an appropriate and effective team budget and be responsible for it. Management of territory budgets.
- Actively lead and participate in sales and client retention activity.
- Utilising the CRM to ensure there is accurate forecasting.
- Be directly accountable for the performance, management and development of the Sales team and create opportunity in new markets.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Sales Director will be:
- Solid knowledge and experience of selling into Canada's largest grocery/pharmacies retailers is essential.
- People management skills.
- Strong experience in sales management.
- Have a proven track record of delivering successful territory and key account development.
- Have effective negotiation skills.
- Tackling and solving problems head on.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Tenacious and results driven with sound business judgement.
- Be able to travel across Canada to coach your sales staff.
- Bilingual French and English is mandatory.
What's on Offer
Excellent job opportunity!