- Growing company
- Great company culture
About Our Client
Our client is is a full line metal service center and distributor specializing in Stainless Steel and Aluminum products that operates for more than 50 years in Canada.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will perform the duties of material planning, purchasing and inventory control. This position will have purchasing responsibilities for both the Toronto and Montreal distribution facilities and the management of 2 people
Specific responsibilities include:
- Determines and recommends purchasing processes and procedures;
- Establishes and approves sources of raw materials;
- Reviews stock levels and requirements to purchasing forecasts;
- Places necessary stock orders;
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure the smooth flow of materials;
- Reviews and processes claims against suppliers for unsatisfactory materials;
- Keeps abreast of price trends and lead times making recommendations on the timing and quantity of purchases and the establishment of the most economical purchase quantities;
- Establishes key performance indicators tracking purchasing measurable per quarterly requirements;
- Resolve supplier invoice disputes and facilitate reconciliation; and
- Coordinates the quality system, recertification activities and corrective action initiatives.
MPI ne fait pas de discrimination fondée sur la race, la religion, le sexe, l'orientation sexuelle, l'identité ou l'expression du genre, l'âge, le handicap, l'état civil, ou sur le statut d'un individu dans un groupe ou une classe quelconque autrement protégé par la législation applicable en matière de droits de l'homme. MPI encourage les candidatures des minorités, des femmes, des personnes handicapées et de tous les autres candidats qualifiés.MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class otherwise protected under applicable human rights legislation. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled and all other qualified applicants
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or Supply Chain
- A minimum of 5 years of purchasing experience in the metals industry, with a minimum of 3 years in a leadership role.
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-volume distribution environment.
- Strong problem solving, communication, customer service and negotiation skills required.
- Strong working knowledge of material capabilities, end-use applications, and Quality system policies as well as ERP software applications/systems utilized in performing the materials management function.
- APICS or ISM Certification preferred.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits package
- Opportunity for growth as the company has nealy doubled its size over the last 4 years and is looking to continue over the next years.