- Join an established Design Build General Contractor
- Excellent leadership opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is an established design build construction contractor, serving clients across the food, pharmaceutical, and distribution industries with their industrial building project needs. The organization specializes in temperature controlled facility construction and diversified mixed use industrial / commercial building projects.
The company has a dynamic culture, based on core values of service, teamwork, innovation and growth. They are continuing to grow strategically and looking to attract an experienced industry professional to join their team in a Project Executive capacity.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Work in collaboration with the other department leads to ensure the best client, vendor and employee experience is top priority.
- Lead your project team and ensure top level client relationship management from sales hand over to turnkey project delivery.
- Ensure all projects in your portfolio are on or below budget by through competitive tendering of scopes of work and negotiating buyouts of sub-contracts based on overall value of the bid and schedule impacts.
- Resource allocation of assigned team to assigned projects, pairing the right team members to the appropriate projects.
- Ensure collaboration between your team as well as the broader team.
- Project reporting, provide accurate up to date reports on a monthly basis regarding the overall portfolio performance of budget, schedule, quality, vendor and client relations.
- Identify project risks, mitigate company exposure to them effectively and within the terms of both Prime and Sub contracts.
- Ensure all schedules are being tracked regularly on an actual vs baseline basis and that the client and vendors are aligned with the targeted milestones.
- Periodic inspection of construction sites to ensure quality is being delivered, sites are maintained very well. Working with the field operations team to ensure corrective measures are taken immediately if something is out of line.
- Oversee portfolio tendering, bid selection, buy-out approval and contract administration.
- Ensure post-construction client support for warranty calls is being executed swiftly.
- Ensuring construction billing documentation is delivered to the Finance Department accurately and on time.
- Proactively prevent disputes from arising. Where they do your responsibility is to carry them to a swift conclusion with support of senior leadership.
- Monthly budget forecasting for all projects in your portfolio are accurate and up to date
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class otherwise protected under applicable human rights legislation. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled and all other qualified applicants
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- ICI Design Build hands on experience
- Managing environmentally controlled projects.
- Both Leadership and Management knowledge and experience
- High levels of accuracy and precision.
- Ability to analyze and articulate in detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Excellent understanding of drawings and specification interpretation.
- Excellent understanding of job cost accounting.
- Good understanding of how our process of progressive design build works.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task.
- Strong organization skills.
- Leadership skills and ability to command action when required.
- Excellent negotiating and persuasion skills.
- Strong ethics and professionalism.
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation package including:
- Comprehensive benefits and HSA
- Competitive vacation allotment
- Structured Bonus Program
- Employee share ownership program
Salary will be commensurate with experience.