Excellent Opportunity to join an established Owner / Construction Manager
Strong career progression potential
About Our Client
Our client is an established Real Estate Development firm, dedicated to large scale commercial / retail projects across the Toronto market.
- Expedite resolution of project issues by investigating and reporting through various management channels;
- Develop and maintain tracking logs for construction workplans, building access requests, fire and life safety system shutdown requests and other building system issues that may be affected by construction activities;
- Assist with developing constructor separation plans between multiple contractors;
- Review and coordinate the revision of construction workplans for accuracy and completeness;
- Communicate issues between multiple stakeholders;
- Minute regular construction meetings and follow-up with responsible parties on action items;
- Gain an understanding of the site and operating conditions of the building in order to streamline retail development construction activities;
- Expedite reviews, approvals and alternative strategies across multiple project stakeholders;
- Review retail development and base building design drawings and track proposed changes to the building or that may affect the building's systems;
- Assist with managing the relationship between multiple parties and project stakeholders with competing objectives; and
- Other duties as assigned.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree or College Diploma in Building Sciences, Technology, Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management;
- Additional designation and/or certification would be an asset;
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in the construction and/or facility management industries;
- Preference will be given to candidates that have experience in retail or commercial/institutional construction sectors; Proficiency in entire MS Office Suite but exceptional in Excel;
- Experience working with consultants, contractors, tradespeople and/or tenants;
- Excellent verbal and written communication;
- Extremely well organized and ability to apply those skills to assist others on the project team;
- Ability to handle high pressure, stressful situations and extended hours of work;
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in the face of many competing issues;
- Entrepreneurial spirit, driven to succeed and ability to self-motivate;
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a collegial and supportive environment; and
- Diplomatic, adaptive and collaborative nature.
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation package including leading health and dental benefit plan, vacation allotment and performance bonus in the 10-30% range.
Base salary will be commensurate with experience.