Project Accounting Manager
Great opportunity to work at a stable company with amazing culture
Competitive compensation and benefits
About Our Client
Our client is a full service real estate development and construction firm, specializing in building residential and commercial real estate developments across the south-west Greater Toronto Area.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for commercial and retail tenants for all financial related matters.
- Maintain all financial records and appropriate ledgers for commercial/retail properties.
- Manage cash flow and banking relationships.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial statements for senior management.
- Present financial reports and related information, as required.
- Ensure that all premises, equipment, vehicles, and business risks are adequately insured.
- Ensure that effective accounting/financial controls and procedures are in place.
- Accurately prepare and file tax returns for all related corporate entities on time.
- Manage all tax-related matters.
- Ensure accuracy of all accounting records.
- Ensure full compliance with GAAP and ASPE policies and practices.
- Effectively manage all accounting functions including A/P, A/R, revenue accounting, general ledger, financial statement preparation and analysis, information preparation, budgeting, forecasting and planning for commercial/retail properties.
- Analyze and ensure the accurate collection, preparation and integrity of accounting/financial data including invoices, billings, bad debt, vendor contracts, hold backs, receivables etc.
- Work closely with senior management, clients, and consultants to analyze, monitor, and improve financial controls.
- Coordinate and work in partnership with other senior financial staff and support staff.
- Assist in the preparation of real estate development and construction project budget and compare budget with actual costs monthly.
- Develop annual operating budgets in concert with senior management.
- Prepare regular budget progress reports to assist in monitoring and interpreting results.
- Keep senior management fully informed with respect to operational results and cash flow.
- Provide financial information and analysis to support decision-making and recommendations.
- Ensure effective lease management including but not limited to managing AP/AR, insurance, property management and maintenance contracts.
- Monitor equipment rentals and leases and negotiate contract renewals (cell phones, office equipment, construction equipment etc.).
The Successful Applicant
- CGA, CMA, CA, or CPA accounting designation or significant experience in property management and accounting.
- A minimum of 5 years property management experience and specifically financial management.
- Advanced to expert computer and software skills and specifically Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate (formerly known as Timberline), MSWord and MSExcel.
- Knowledge of construction job costing, construction progress draws, and property accounting/management is an asset.
What's on Offer
- Great opportunity to work at a stable company with great culture
- Competitive compensation and benefits