Platform Reliability Engineer
Would you like to be a part of one of the leading Payment's brand in Canada ?
Do you have leadership/mentorship experience but still remain hands-on?
About Our Client
Our client is one of Canada's leading payments brands and is looking to hire a strong platform reliability engineer for their technology team at Toronto.
- Working closely with the development and product teams to understand their bottlenecks, and to mentor them on operational ownership.
- Implementing and maintaining system configurations and baselines to support secure application development software control best practices and standards.
- Helping to improve the internal tooling (instrumentation, dashboards, deployment automation), as well as the infrastructural availability of the production services.
- Keeping the tooling and processes up to date with the evolving needs as they scale out both the user-base and the engineering team.
- Supporting the development team and performing activities to resolve developer issues in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Providing high-availability operational support and automated solutions across the environment.
- Implementing deep telemetry capabilities to provide ongoing success and performance metrics
The Successful Applicant
You have 3+ years experience in software development, and working experience with the below:
- Jenkins/Cloudbees, Artifactory tools such as Jfrog/Nexus.
- Experience in Cloud technologies such as Azure or AWS or GCloud etc.
- Docker or other similar containers technologies.
- Knowledge of Bash, Python, working with RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge of MS Office, especially Word and PowerPoint and Visio or some other tool for diagrams.
- You can create Ansible, Terraform playbooks.
- Software defined routers such as Envoy or Nginx.
- Knowledge of Container Orchestration tools such as Openshift or Kubernetes.
- Experience in Event streaming technologies such as Kafka or Messaging Technologies such as JMS.
- Experience in devOps tooling and implementation.
- Understand software design patterns.
- Understand messaging, event streaming, microservices and service mesh.
You have great ability to explain complex problems in simple language to non-technical people.
You have strong communication skills, including technical writing.
You are self-starter, outgoing team player, able and willing to multitask and prioritize it accordingly.
What's on Offer
A Competitive Package