Established Custom Manufacturing business seeking a Plant Manager
About Our Client
Established manufacturing business. (Custom Manufacturing).
- Develop and Manage operations budget
- Participates with and provides direction as necessary to shop floor team leads in resolving immediate quality, production, scheduling, technical or personnel issues.
- Ensures compliance with all safety, environmental, local and federal regulations by plant leadership and employees.
- Maintains a key focus on Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost as well as champion a continuous improvement culture.
- Manages and executes improvement projects that support overall production process improvement in the plant and other variable cost savings opportunities. Champions and offers support for all efficiently improvement activities.
- Timely communication of goal progress, roadblocks and solutions to the Executive Management Team.
- Responsible to protect company assets through supporting an effective and consistent preventative maintenance program.
- Resolves production scheduling problems by analyzing reports; develops solutions.
- Assists with the annual strategic and business planning process providing key input from the production operations perspective.
- Responsible for the Production Floor, Housekeeping, and Material Flow.
- Continually reviews manufacturing processes and make appropriate recommendations to the Executive Management Team for improving productivity, efficiency and/or quality. Maintains and implements cost improvement/control programs.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams to conduct root cause analysis of all defects and lead the mistake proofing efforts.
- Coach and mentor team leads and production employees.
- Ensures that the required manpower competence, skill, knowledge, and equipment required to achieve the production/demand targets.
- Plan, assign and/or supervise the goals and work of others.
- Effectively manage, develop, and motivate direct and indirect reports. Performs annual reviews and employee improvement plans for shop floor leadership team. Supports annual review process for hourly workers.
- Ensure personal and professional development of direct reports. Responsible for all aspects of performance management including interviewing, hiring, training, performance evaluations, and recognition.
- Provide effective, constructive and appropriate feedback and leadership to direct reports to foster positive, team atmosphere.
- Consistently support compliance by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations, and the Company's policies and procedures.
- Perform other similar and related duties as required
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, or related.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in manufacturing/production
- Minimum 5 years operations / plant management experience in a production and/or manufacturing environment, including direct supervision of hourly and salaried employees
- LEAN (Value- Stream mapping) experience an advantage
- Large scale ERP/MRP experience
- Experience working within quality systems
- Demonstrated understanding and utilization of lean tools to help facilitate continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment
- Custom manufacturing experience is an advantage
- Demonstrated capability of managing a focus factory
What's on Offer
Rewarding package and benefits.