Plant Manager - Building Materials Manufacturing.
Plant Manager - Building Materials Manufacturing.
Site is becoming the leading site in North America.
About Our Client
A market leading multi-site industrial manufacturing business.
The key responsibilities for the successful Plant Manager are broken out below;
This position is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating production floor activities, ensuring that customer expectations, quality objectives, productivity, and cost savings goals are met while providing a safe work environment for employees. The position will provide direct leadership to production supervisors, team leaders, and support production employees.
- Organization: Team Leader Management and Operations leadership
- Main Interface: Internal: Manufacturing personnel at all levels within the operation, Production, Material's Management, Shipping, Human Resources, Finance, and Customer Service. External: ISO Auditors & vendors/suppliers
- Budget: Develop operations budget and manage to budget for location
Main Job Duties:
- Participates with and provides direction as necessary to shop floor supervisors in resolving immediate quality, production, scheduling, technical or personnel issues.
- Ensures compliance with all safety, environmental, local and federal regulations by plant leadership and employees.
- Maintains a key focus on Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost as well as champion a continuous improvement culture.
- Manages and executes improvement projects that support overall production process improvement in the plant and other variable cost savings opportunities. Champions and offers support for all Lean activities.
- Timely communication of goal progress, roadblocks and solutions to the VP of Operations.
- Responsible to protect company assets through supporting an effective and consistent preventative maintenance program.
- Resolves production scheduling problems by analyzing reports; develops solutions.
- Assists with the annual strategic and business planning process providing key input from the production operations.
- Responsible for the Production Floor 5S, Housekeeping, and Material Flow.
- Continually reviews manufacturing processes and make appropriate recommendations to the VP of Operations for improving productivity, efficiency and/or quality. Maintains and implements cost improvement/control programs.
- Apply Lean manufacturing principles.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams to conduct root cause analysis of all defects and lead the mistake proofing efforts.
- Coach and mentor supervisors and production employees.
- Ensures that the required manpower competence, skill, knowledge, and equipment required to achieve the production/demand targets.
- Responsible to ensure adherence to all procedure, set- up requirements and work instructions in compliance with ISO 14001 (In Progress)
- Perform other similar and related duties as required
- Plan, assign and/or supervise the goals and work of others.
- Effectively manage, develop, and motivate direct and indirect reports. Performs annual reviews and employee improvement plans for shop floor leadership team. Supports annual review process for hourly associates.
- Ensure personal and professional development of direct reports. Responsible for all aspects of performance management including interviewing, hiring, training, performance evaluations, and recognition.
- Provide effective, constructive and appropriate feedback and leadership to direct reports to foster positive, team atmosphere.
- Consistently support compliance by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and the Company's policies and procedures.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have the following experience;
- Minimum 10 years' experience in manufacturing/production
- Minimum 7 years plant management progressive experience in a production and/or manufacturing environment, including direct supervision of hourly and salaried employees
- Someone who has experience and enjoys coaching people in a manufacturing setting.
- LEAN (Value- Stream mapping) experience. Six- sigma a plus.
- Large scale ERP/MRP experience
- Significant experience managing a facility
- Experience working within quality systems (APQP, Control Plans, TQM, SPC)
- Demonstrated understanding and utilization of lean tools to help facilitate continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated capability of managing a focus factory
- Be detail-oriented and have excellent follow-through skills
- Proven ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form
- Proven ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Proven ability to make sound decisions within established guidelines
- Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law
- Ability to demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and to appropriately prioritize workload based upon organization or department needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate/work in an high growth & entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to interpret standards, specifications, procedures, drawings, etc.
- Must have demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills and effective organizational skills
- Proven ability to manage people; train and motivate employees, as well as delegate effectively
- Must be able to function in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent project management, planning, and organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage several projects at one time while providing high attention to details and excellent follow-through skills
- Must possess high degree of professionalism and ability to handle confidential information
What's on Offer
A market leading package and benefits.