National Sales Manager
National Sales Manager.
About Our Client
The client is an established market leading building materials with growth plans in the GTA.
The successful National Sales Manager will be involved in the following tasks and responsibilities.
Main Interface: Internal - installation, customer support, production, purchasing, design, and logistics staff. External - customers, purchasing agents, contractors, architects, and engineers.
Budget: Full budgetary responsibility. Develops and manages departmental budget, provides input to entity budget
Main Job Duties:
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the companies specification sales channel to meet sales targets and increase market share. Drives the achievement of sales targets directly or through independent sales representatives specific to our commercial line in identified territories
- Implement and drive the Canadian Sales strategy and related business strategies in concert with management teams.
- Work in conjunction with the Marketing leadership and Product Managers to coordinate marketing efforts in order to maximize sales volume, product mix and margin.
- Gather, analyze, and communicate market and business trends, sales information and competitive intelligence across Canada.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain strong business relationships with the specification community, including General Contractors, Architects and Engineers.
- Develop key end customer and channel relationships to enhance market/product intelligence as well as creating opportunity, maintaining loyalty and continuity.
- Provide strategic leadership for the organization in order to meet established company and sales goals.
- Supports innovation and creative change of the organization. Creates enthusiasm and inspires teamwork and cooperation within organization, with other functions.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have the following background; Essential Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business or Marketing required.
- Essential Experience: Minimum 8 years of sales and/or marketing experience within electrical specification market, plumbing, lighting design and/or architecture firm to include specific experience supervising sales people, dealers, manufactures representatives and specification sales.
Strong leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to supervise and manage others. Provide leadership, guidance, development and motivation to achieve superior results and accomplish overall business objectives.
Excellent skills in project management, demonstrated ability to make timely and effective decision, handle multiple priorities and effectively delegate responsibilities to ensure high quality service is delivered on time and within budget.
Demonstrated ability to recruit, hire, and coach sales representatives to success. Leadership and supervisory skills. Support all aspects of the product line and services - technical and business interaction.
Requires strong organizational and time management skills, close attention to detail and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, organize and accomplish a diversified work load.
Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft word, spreadsheet and presentation software, e-mail and project management software. Ability to use internet and web based resources efficiently and effectively.
Must have strong analytic skills and proven ability to effectively research and summarize information in an effective manner.
Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization. Must be an effective listener, able to maintain focus extract necessary information and validate understanding of the information.
Must have strong customer service orientation. Must be highly collaborative and able to work in a team based environment.
What's on Offer
Market leading salary and benefits.