Mechanical Design Engineer
Opportunity for Growth
Competitive Earning Potential
About Our Client
Always innovative, Bermingham was founded in 1897 and now specializes in multi-million dollar heavy civil, industrial and concrete projects.
Our Engineers and Designers work with customers to develop solutions to their unique job challenges. These solutions are brought to life using the latest 3D design software and manufactured in house in our 50,000 sq-ft manufacturing plant.
- Designing custom heavy equipment from concept through drawing and manufacturing stages
- Responsible for all aspects of mechanical calculations, Finite Element Analysis and documentation
- Working with other design engineers to brainstorm and optimize solutions as well as check each others work
- Provide engineering support to welding, machining and assembly shops
- Working with sales, manufacturing and construction in fast-paced environment on short lead times
- Providing field support for systems on construction sites
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 2 years working in Heavy Construction, Road Building, Industrial Construction.
- College or University Mechanical Engineering Diploma/Degree. Although this is a prerequisite, it can be overlooked if the candidate has been working in the industry for a significant period of time and has a proven track record
- Machining and heavy weldment design
- Finite Element Analysis experience an asset
- Experience with mobile hydraulics and asset
- Strong understanding of mechanical drawings
- Ability to perform strength of materials calculations, hardware, structural analysis and other mechanical hand calculations
- Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Loyal - Has not work at several companies in his carrier. We consider our estimators as being critical to our business and also the guards of critical information. We cannot afford to have this information floated to our competitors
- Quick Study - Picks things up quickly and is willing to learn about our business.
- Open Minded - We pride ourselves on trying different things and trying things different ways. Being open minded is an important skill.
- Computer Competencies - Must has very good working knowledge of Excel and Word. Knowledge of Microsoft Project is an asset. Experience with AutoCAD and SolidWorks or other 3D modelling program
- Strong English - Both orally, written and technical terminology.
- Mechanical Aptitude - We need someone who understand how things work. Without that working knowledge it will be tough to learn our business
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation package including annual performance bonus initiative, vehicle allowance, and comprehensive benefit plan.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.