- Master Scheduler
- Manufacturing business
About Our Client
A growing international building materials manufacturing business.
Role: The Production Scheduler ensures that daily production requirements are met through analysis and reporting of production status. The position works with management team to ensure that deadlines and schedules are met and thereby preventing line stoppages/delays to maintain a high level of customer service.Main Activities:
- Organization: Individual Contributor competency model
- Main Interface: Internal: Operations, sales, customer support and logistics. External: vendors, suppliers, transportation and freight carriers and supply houses.
- Main Job Duties:
- Driving daily production efficiencies by releasing/sequencing the manufacturing orders related to specific product lines and/or assigned project work based on material/capacity availability.
- Managing material availability by setting/monitoring MRP exceptions, actual component usage, and following-up with suppliers on parts and materials needed to support operations.
- Responsibility for inventory levels related to specific product lines and/or assigned project work. Assist in problem-solving and executing appropriate countermeasures for deviations from planned inventory levels (MIN / MAX stocking violations).
- Review inventory planning parameters to establish/maintain appropriate customer service driven safety stock/reorder point levels for components and/or finished goods based on processes
- Conduct regular meetings with stakeholders to update on status of the orders.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class otherwise protected under applicable human rights legislation. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled and all other qualified applicants
The Successful Applicant
BA in Operations/Materials/Business or, BS in Engineering, or equivalent knowledge education and experience.
Minimum 3 years experience as a Scheduler.
in a Production and Inventory Control, Operations, Purchasing, or Manufacturing Engineering.
Demonstrated knowledge of materials control/production planning
Must have advanced manufacturing systems planning knowledge, MRP system experience strongly preferred.Exceptional computer skills, extensive knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and data base software, proficiency with various e-mail, calendaring, meeting management and related communications software. Requires strong organisational and time management skills, close attention to detail and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities. Must have strong analytical skills, ability to evaluate situations, identify options and implement effective solutions quickly and efficiently.Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation. Must be an effective listener, able to maintain focus extract necessary information and validate understanding of the information.Must be highly collaborative and able to work in a team based environment.
What's on Offer
The Master Scheduler will have a competitive package and development opportunities with this global manufacturing business.