Managing Director - Consultancy business.
Managing Director - Consultancy business.
High growth consulting business in the Higher Education sector.
About Our Client
Our client is a boutique benchmarking and management consulting business advising management teams on service operations strategy in the Higher Education sector. The combination of advanced benchmarking and operations strategy consulting provides sophisticated data and insights to support major change and as a result deliver significant benefits to their clients.
Founded in Australia ten years ago, the operations now span Australia, New Zealand, the UK and Canada. Whilst operating on a global scale, the business is small and consequently operates with a flat structure. The team thrives on individuals who show initiative, support each other to deliver the best outcome and are passionate about working with clients to deliver results.
Working collaboratively with the Group Managing Director and other regional Managing Directors, the Managing Director will play a key role in leading and delivering the next major phase of growth, with significant opportunities in the US, the UK and Europe.
The role will include providing leadership to the Canadian business across a range of functions;
- Strategic planning and management: The Managing Director will lead the ongoing expansion and profitability of the business within the Canadian marketplace and contribute to the global expansion outside Canada. This will include contributing to the strategic planning and management across various dimensions such as markets, products, clients and financials.
- Developing new product offerings: The Managing Director will contribute to developing new product offerings within the Higher Education sector that build on the current service offerings or create new service offerings that broaden the client's business within the Higher Education sector.
- Growing new business opportunities: The Managing Director will be responsible for growing relationships with existing clients and developing true partnership relationships with current, new and emerging clients within the Higher Education sector. The Managing Director will be a role model for client relationships based on true partnership, longevity and accountability.
- Leading the delivery of quality services to clients: The Managing Director will be responsible for promoting the delivery of quality services to clients. This includes responsibility for data collection and the services supporting this process, reporting back to clients on results and new insights and leading the consulting support for agreed studies. In leading consulting support, the Managing Director will be responsible for the development of hypotheses with client management and applying strong data analytics to develop insights into the efficiency and effectiveness of client service operations. It also includes delivering presentations and reports to executive management on these insights.
- Supporting the development and use of the client's intellectual capital: The Managing Director will support the development and extension of intellectual capital on how to support Higher Education institutions transform their support service operations to deliver more efficient and effective services in
disseminate insights across global operations.
- Developing team and organizational capability: The Managing Director will be responsible for recruiting, coaching and developing their team to support the end-to-end delivery of services with the highest levels of integrity and honesty. The Managing Director will also champion working in collaboration with the other offices to share workload where the opportunity or need arises.
The Successful Applicant
- Essential - A minimum of eight years progressive business development experience into universities or government clients is essential.
- Essential - Successful track record in business development for professional services involving multi-year commitments by the client and requiring multiple stakeholders to be convinced.
- Essential - Demonstrated ability to engage with senior executives in discussions about significant strategic choices on how services could be delivered within complex organizations.
- Deep understanding of back-office service operations and the challenges management of these services face.
- Expert knowledge of how data can be used to inform decisions and experience presenting data in ways that assist executives to make decisions.
- Demonstrable experience using analytical techniques commonly used in data science applications or econometrics and being able to explain these benefits to executives.
- Experience working in small business in a professional services context and demonstration of the resourcefulness that is required in this context.
- Experience leading, building and developing talent in professional services teams.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Managing Director or someone who is ready to take the next step in their career.
What's on Offer
Exciting market leading package for the successful candidate.