Manager, Risk Analytics and Modeling
Competitive compensation and benefits
Opportunity to take a leadership role a globally recognized bank
About Our Client
Our client is a globally recognized bank with growing market presence all across North America with more than 1200 offices in 25 countries. Its 11 branches in Canada serve the cities of Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver, Burnaby, Coquitlam, and Richmond.
This position has a focus on quantitative modeling and statistical analysis of economic assumptions, methodology and model development related to managing various material risks, including but not limited to credit risk, liquidity risk, market risk, and capital adequacy.
- Be accountable for risk analytics and modeling, including developing scenarios and assumptions, applying appropriate quantitative methodologies, ensuring models work as intended and fit for purpose, and providing results and conclusions that are insightful to be used in business decision making.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to perform quantitative analysis of material risk exposures with strong understanding of business fundamentals and risk drivers to support development of an appropriate risk appetite.
- Lead and enhance ICAAP stress testing, including but not limited to conducting stress tests according to OSFI E-18 Guideline and automating existing manual process, and ensure quality ICAAP documentation.
- Lead and enhance IFRS 9 Allowance modeling, including but not limited to enhancing credit parameters (PD, LGD and EAD) modeling, enhancing ECL methodology, addressing data gaps, and ensuring quality documentation that facilitates relevant audit.
- Collaborate with other Risk Management team members to develop effective risk methodologies, tools and templates to support risk management across the Bank.
- Maintain and update risk analytics and modeling related policies and procedures.
- Improve model risk management framework, covering all aspects of model development, validation, maintenance, governance and documentation.
- Be a key player in enhancing Risk Data Aggregation and Risk Reporting by proactively identifying and addressing any potential issues.
- Develop excellent work relationship within the Risk Management Department and with other departments in the Bank accomplish individual, team and organizational objectives.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, mathematics or related field; master's degree preferred
- Strong understanding of risk methodology and credit lending business fundamentals; experience in a retail and/or commercial banking environment preferred
- 4+ years of experience working in the risk analytics and modeling related area for an FRFI
- Solid understanding of regulatory requirements for risk management and internal controls, particularly for model risk management.
- Excellent strategic thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate and present effectively in written and verbal form, including presenting complex technical matters in a clear and concise manner
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity and adapting to a changing environment
What's on Offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Opportunity to take a leadership role at a fast-growing bank