Manager, Project Accounts
Scope of Work
About Our Client
Our client is a leading real estate company focused on high-rise residential communities in the GTA. They're currently working on 15 high-rise residential projects with a totalling number of 7,000 homes in process. The Manager, Projects Accounts will come into the role working at one of their on-site community locations in Vaughan, ON.
- Receive monthly trade progress draws from accounting and conduct a detailed review to ensure all necessary paperwork is received
- Work closely with Superintendents to review trade progress completion certificates and receive their sign off
- Conduct a detailed review of the progress draw package with the Project Manager and receive their sign off. If invoices are not approved or cut down, assist with making necessary changes.
- Ensure Project Site staff are providing all the necessary back up and that this support ties to invoices, to facilitate an efficient approval process
- Audit all tracking to confirm it is in line with the billing. (E.g. Rebar and concrete tracking)
- Coordinate and work closely with the accounting department, more specifically project accountants, to ensure invoices are processed and cheques cut in time for monthly budget meeting.
- Attend all monthly progress draw and cheque signing meetings with documentation back up and forecast tracking in hand to ensure an efficient approval process
- Audit division 1 forecasts monthly to ensure they match job costs and invoices.
- If requested from time to time create and issue Purchase Orders and Change Orders.
- If requested, draft memos and covering letters
- From time to time provide general office support (e.g. filing management, filing, scanning, photocopying, organizing and distribution)
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with each project's site staff, the accounting department and various trade billing departments.
- Assist with issuing contracts and monitoring their progress.
- This position is to be involved in all facets of project close out, obtaining close out documentation from the trades and producing close out forms for review and sign off.
- When necessary assist the company with implementing new prompt payment procedures according to new bill lien act
The Successful Applicant
- CPA designated (or in progress)
- Post-Secondary degree in Finance/Accounting/Business
- Well versed in Microsoft Office
- Enjoys a fast pace environment
- Self-starter and inherently curious
What's on Offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Work life balance
- Fun & inclusive corporate culture