Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Amazing corporate culture and dog-friendly office
Competitive earning structure and opportunity for growth and learning
About Our Client
Our client is a leading asset-based transportation and logistics company servicing Canada and the United States. It is a recognized consolidator of asset-based transportation companies, having completed ten asset-based trucking acquisitions since 2011. It has also been ranked by PROFIT magazine as one of Canada's Fastest Growing Companies for ten consecutive years.
This role is a critical support role working as a critical member of the Finance team.
This role will complete complex financial planning and analysis requirements, offering accurate reporting to various levels of management. They will develop and utilize standard formats for reporting, ensuring departments are operating under full compliance, adhering to budgetary controls approved by the executive team. The Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis is a tactical reporter of the business, with a financial focus that extends to all operating areas of the business, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer.
This role will become involved in a number of tasks, including project-based assignments, engaging staff from all operating areas to source and deliver information.
The Successful Applicant
- Financial reporting experience in manufacturing or transportation sector would be an asset
- Experience working in a similar role with a minimum of 3-years of public accounting and/ or industry experience
- Completion of post-secondary studies at a university level in a related field
- Professional Accounting Designation, CPA, CMA is preferred
- Experience with consolidation and financial reporting
- Knowledge of cost accounting and variance analysis
- Advanced knowledge with use of Microsoft suite of software and Windows operating systems
- Technologically savvy and able to demonstrate competence in a variety of technological platforms and processes
- Working knowledge of Great Plains software would be considered an asset for this role.
What's on Offer
- A fast-paced work environment
- Competitive earning structure and opportunity for growth and learning
- Be a part of one of Canada's fastest growing companies