A 360 degree role in IT for a retail organization
Excellent growth opportunity for a good performer
About Our Client
ECCO Canada has a wide range of footwear in various styles - dress, casual, sport, running and golf. The company continues to expand across the globe by adding new stores and constantly innovating. Although their size has grown, they continue to have a family oriented culture focused on their employees and customers. Want to be a part of this exciting time at ECCO? We have an exciting opportunity for you!
Reporting to the CFO, you will be responsible to
- Work with Global Headquarters and ECCO Retail management on IT/Retail projects.
- Manage IT projects.
- Manage and support Windows operating systems (Windows 10), Office 365, anti-virus, printers and peripherals.
- Support ECCO Retail stores core technology needs including: POS software, traffic counters, Internet, telephones and AV equipment.
- Document detailed IT processes and procedures appropriate for non-technical ECCO employees to follow.
- Purchase, coordinate and schedule store installs, including staging and testing equipment prior to shipping, performing on-site or remote installation and supporting the new store opening team to solve issues and get the equipment into production.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and connectivity issues with Retail store employees.
- Integral part of the team in launching IT related projects that support the business.
- Purchase, coordinate, and schedule new or replacement IT equipment.
- Update and create reports in ECCO systems as required by the business.
- Monitor the hourly data monitoring process for Retail store activity.
- Maintenance and understanding of network devices
- Train new employees on basic IT systems functionality.
- Manage on-call and after-hours support for ECCO Retail operations.
- Maintain a positive attitude and make a valuable contribution towards maintaining ECCO's culture of passion, innovation and sustainability.
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
The Successful Applicant
- ITIL Certification required (or another IT management certificate).
- PMP Certification is highly desired.
- Experience in managing vendor/client relationships.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience with IT.
- Advanced understanding of Windows Operating systems.
- Advanced understanding of anti-virus and spyware detection and removal techniques.
- Site to site VPN channels.
- Experience with MDM.
- Advanced understanding of MS Outlook and MS Office Suite.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Active Directory.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and professionally (both verbally and written).
- Ability to prioritize work and adjust priorities as needed. Superior organization and follow-up skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak English at a proficient level.
What's on Offer
Excellent remuneration for the right candidate