Investment Research Analyst
Great corporate culture that promotes career and personal development
Opportunity to join a high-growth team
About Our Client
Our client is part of a larger financial services group with 5 offices across Canada. They care, value and appreciate every member's effort and contribution. We promote and encourage employees to take initiatives, thrive to create an environment where professional and personal goals can be achieved.
In this role, you will work in a dynamic environment with a group of highly trained professionals. You will have the opportunity to develop strong analytical and research skills, working alongside senior analysts and portfolio managers, and participating in the vetting of investment ideas of various financial products. Successful candidate typically gains an in-depth understanding of the financial and operational issue for a range of security products, gaining valuable skills, knowledge, and relationship. This position is based in North York.
- Generate and evaluate new product and investment proposals by conducting in-depth fundamental analysis;
- Conduct in-depth industry analysis and research using industry and financial resources. Collect, consolidate and interpret company and industry data;
- Perform comprehensive financial statement analysis, create and maintain financial models;
- Generate tables and graphs interpreting company and industry data;
- Conduct due diligence on a variety of companies and sectors, prepare precedent transactions, client documents and presentations;
- Prepare and review marketing and product presentations for meetings with senior management as well as internal and external clients.;
- Provide product training presentation to dealing representatives and answer questions the dealing representatives may have in regard to different products.
- Follow overall market news and evaluate market data to assess short and long-term trends;
- Assist with writing research notes and reports as well as other ad hoc duties as assigned;
- Liaise with sales representatives and other areas of the company and address their enquiries.
The Successful Applicant
- Ability to speak, read and write Chinese.
- Bachelor's degree in finance related field is required. University degree and industry certifications, particularly CFA is highly encouraged;
- Work experience in a financial, accounting, analytical or M&A capacity;
- Experience in financial and investment research, analyzing financial statements and valuing companies is highly preferred;
- Exceptional analytical writing, oral communication and interpersonal skills in both Chinese and English;
- Strong finance, capital markets, mathematics or accounting background;
- Sound financial modelling skills and knowledges of discounted cash flow modelling techniques.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Suite, with a particular emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to independently research and analyze data;
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines, work with minimal supervision and manage several on-going projects at the same time;
- Strong aptitude to learn, fast learner and highly motivated;
What's on Offer
- Great opportunity to join a fast-growing security dealer
- Amazing culture that promotes internal promotion