- Growing company
- Job creation
About Our Client
Our client is an international manufacturing company. Due to its expansion, they are creating a new role or HR/HSE Manager at their Baie d'Urfé facility.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for:
1. Human Resources responsabilities
- Support and coach line managers with all aspects of people management ensuring adherence to policies and procedures
- Keep up to date with employment legislation and ensuring changes to HR policies are implemented and communicated within the organisation
- Facilitate the appraisal process and ensuring that all training and development needs are met
- Coordinate weekly & monthly HR data and statistics
- Managing Employee Health insurance Policies group insurance
- Conduct salary reviews as part of the annual pay review process and ensuring reward and recognition plans are attractive and competitive
- Coordinate recruitment activities between line managers and approved recruitment partners on both temporary and permanent requirements
- Process the Bi-monthly payroll for circa 60 employees
- Produce monthly finance reports on employee working hours, holidays and sickness
- Responsible for meeting CNESST regulations, standards and required filings (pay -equity…);
- Advise managers and employees on COVID updates, monitoring and reporting on COVID related absence levels
2. Environment, Health and Safety responsibilities
- Ensure the company's Health and Safety Policy is implemented consistently across the organisation.
- Monitor, evaluate and review Health and Safety policy and practice, make recommendations and implement new policies and procedures as required.
- To collect and report all accidents and near misses as required by DBS and for other relevant bodies including but not limited to the insurance company.
- To assist in the identification of training needs for employees and develop and deliver training as required.
- To give advice on EHS aspects and unsafe working practices or machinery to all levels of personnel.
- To audit and liaise with Supervisors/Managers to ensure they have carried out Risk Assessments, Safety Inspections and Accident Investigations reviewing the root causes and corrective actions.
MPI ne fait pas de discrimination fondée sur la race, la religion, le sexe, l'orientation sexuelle, l'identité ou l'expression du genre, l'âge, le handicap, l'état civil, ou sur le statut d'un individu dans un groupe ou une classe quelconque autrement protégé par la législation applicable en matière de droits de l'homme. MPI encourage les candidatures des minorités, des femmes, des personnes handicapées et de tous les autres candidats qualifiés.MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class otherwise protected under applicable human rights legislation. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled and all other qualified applicants
The Successful Applicant
- HR or EHS Management qualification required
- 5+ years of professional experience, ideally in Manufaturing
- Excellent knowledge of Canadian HR & EHS laws.
- Extensive knowledge of effective health and safety management strategies and best practice.
- Knowledge and a proven track record of delivery of health and safety management systems and the provision of advice.
- Experience of SAP is a plus.
- Fluent in English and French
- Good communciation skills
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary
- Good benefits package
- Opportunity for growth
- International HR skils development program