- Opportunity to join a leading Toronto-based investment management firm
- Highly competitive base salary & bonus structure
À propos de notre client
Our client is a leading, Toronto-based investment management firm providing capital to middle market companies across North America. This growing firm has plans to expand its investor base globally, and reflects a strong entrepreneurial & professional culture.
Description de poste
* Prepare and enter journal entries and maintain the general ledger for the Funds and related entities.
* Perform quarterly reconciliations and analysis of all accruals.
* Research, recommend and apply changes in the Funds' accounting policies.
* Liaise with the external auditors.
* Perform daily bank reconciliations and reporting for the Funds and related entities.
* Process and monitor the timely and accurate receipt of debt collections and derivative settlements.
* Perform cash flow analysis, forecasting, budgeting and administer debt rollover, credit facility and hedge settlement notices.
* Administer bank wiring instructions and be a point of contact for banking relations.Financial Reporting
* Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements, including note disclosure, for the Funds and related entities in Canadian GAAP.
* Prepare quarterly capital account statements for investors.
* Assist in the preparation of working papers to facilitate the Funds' and other entities compliance reporting (e.g. GST/HST, Income Tax, FATCA, CRS, AIFMD, KYC etc.).
* Assist in the preparation and presentation of ad hoc and routine quarterly reporting for internal and external parties.Fund Operations
* Prepare Fund capital call and distribution notices.
* Assist with Fund Accounting related Investor Relations requests.
* Assist in the preparation of Board package materials.
* Review Fund and Corporate invoices, expense allocations and ensure proper period end cut-off.
* Prepare financial analysis of quarterly and annual performance for deals and entities.
* Prepare monthly Borrowing Base Certificates, quarterly Compliance Certificates and other administrative duties related to the Funds' credit facility.
* Ensure the Funds' ongoing compliance with Partnership/Shareholder agreements, regulatory requirements and other legal agreements and internal policies.
* Assist with the preparation of performance reports.
* Assist fellow Finance/Accounting team members with daily duties and projects, as necessary.
* Participate in special projects as required.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class otherwise protected under applicable human rights legislation. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled and all other qualified applicants
Le candidat idéal
* An undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting.
* Professional Designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA, CFA) preferred.
* At least 2 years Fund Accounting experience, Private Equity experience preferred.
* Knowledge of accounting principles and reporting under Canadian GAAP or IFRS.
* Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency with a high level of aptitude for a wide range of computer applications.
* Experience in managing accounting and reporting functions with daily and monthly deliverables.
* Experience in managing and reviewing deliverables for financial reporting.
* Strong capital markets knowledge with sound understanding of financial instruments including derivatives.
* Working knowledge of investment and fund accounting systems (e.g. Sage, Allvue) an asset.
* Proven track record of initiating and implementing process improvement initiatives.
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
* Excellent interpersonal and well-developed relationship management skills.
* Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail and a proactive nature.
* Collaborative team player who is able to work well in a high pressure, time sensitive, entrepreneurial environment.
* Well-developed analytical and problem solving abilities.
* A demonstrated ability to continuously optimize processes to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
* A demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and external stakeholders.
* Intellectually curious with strong desire to learn, grow and innovate.
Ce qui est offert
The position is located in Toronto and offers a highly competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
The chance to join a rapidly-growing firm with a significant performance-based bonus structure.
Medical & dental; company phone