Leadership role in a fast-growth company with fantastic culture
Competitive salary and benefits
About Our Client
Our client is one of the most reputable real estate investment trust ("REIT") in Canada. They are a owner, manager and developer of a high-quality portfolio comprising commercial and residential properties.
* Preparation of the MD&A, financial statements and Board package (designated sections) on a quarterly and annual basis, and ensure that monthly accounting records are prepared in a sufficient manner to meet these needs
* Review of monthly reporting packages for the executives
* Coordinate with multiple departments to ensure the delivery of the necessary information for the MD&A and financial statements are received on a timely basis
* Review the MD&A and financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness of information
* Ensure the working papers are prepared on a timely and accurate manner to assist auditors in the quarterly/annual reviews and audits
* Assist in preparation of Prospectuses and forecasts
* Assist in preparation of press releases for disclosure to investors on significant transactions and monthly distributions
* Provide inputs into the preparation of the investor conference call, investor presentation, and annual general meeting presentation
* Review investor related presentations to ensure accuracy and completeness of presentations
The Successful Applicant
* CPA, CA with 4+ years' relevant experience in public real estate company and/or big accounting firm
* Understanding of current accounting pronouncements in IFRS that impact the real estate industry
* Excellent computer skills - Excel, PowerPoint, SAP, etc.
* Ability to multi-task, remain flexible and prioritize deliverables. Desire to achieve high performance and meet tight deadlines.
* Must be a quick learner, organized, detailed oriented and very hands on. Accuracy is a must with external documents/filings/ board reporting, etc.
* Demonstrate excellent verbal/written communications and presenting skills. Must have direct experience working with, responding to, and presenting to senior executives.
* Proven driver of change and continuous improvement
What's on Offer
- Leadership opportunity at a high-growth company with fantasic culture
- Competitive compensation and benefits