Engineering Manager - Industrial Products Manufacturing.
Engineering Manager - Industrial Products
About Our Client
Market leading industrial products (Building materials/construction products)
Summary/Objective The Engineering Manager plans, organizes and directs the engineering team to meet company objectives for design, new product development and improvement of existing product lines. This role is also responsible for the implementation of processes to maintain proper product functionality, quality standards as well as cost efficiency; ensures the engineering team and other departments work together cohesively. Leads and directs tasks to the successful completion of assigned projects.
- Utilize leadership skills to mentor, develop and empower team members.
- Ensure all safety policies and procedures are implemented and maintained at all times.
- Responsible for the research and development of new products as determined by the company's product development plan. Continually researches for new methods or components to enhance or improve existing products.
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis. Plans documentation system.
- Direct, analyze and approve product design and changes including updates.
- Stay informed concerning new manufacturing technologies and equipment in order to manufacture and reduce cost through efficiencies.
- Supervises engineering services for preparation and drafting of drawings, schematics, product specifications, bill of materials, operation/service manuals, assembly manuals, and other documentation necessary to manufacture new products.
- Ensure that all product specifications are developed and testing procedures are in place before product release for production.
- Review technical reports and recommend modifications or adjustments in order to meet specifications.
- Coordinate with Sales / Marketing to create and release Product Documents.
- Ensure vendors are manufacturing products according to product specifications.
- Assist in the assessment of vendor/subcontractor evaluation for consideration.
- Responsible for coordinating activities of all engineering personnel and outside consultants and/or contractors; develops engineering action plans to guide timely and cost effective development of projects; maintains the system of budget and schedule control.
- Working with the manufacturing, operations and quality manager, reviews and monitors quality and process improvements and new product development.
- Assists and coordinates with Manufacturing for development of processes, tooling and molds necessary to produce new products.
- Provide manufacturing insight and project deliverables for new and modified production projects and ensure timely transition into manufacturing, with consideration to design, cost effectiveness and process validation.
- Analyze data and drive root cause and corrective actions.
- Work across functional and organizational lines leveraging those relationships to support Manufacturing.
- Interface with internal and external customers.
- Provides Customer Service and Sales & Marketing Departments with orientation and training on new products, and assists with preparation of sales presentations, service/repair methods, and marketing literature.
- Supervise, develops and trains staff.
The Successful Applicant
It is essential for the successful candidate to have the following to be considered;
- Essential - At least 7-10 years' experience in Manufacturing in an Engineering role with leadership experience.
- Essential - Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to be a team player and foster a teamwork environment.
- Ability to interface effectively with cross-functional teams and all levels of management
- Strong Management and Organizational Skills with the ability to drive effective team and meet deadlines.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook), Solid Works
- Knowledge of ERP systems is essential
What's on Offer
Market leading base and bonus and great succession opportunity the successful candidate.