Director of Global Planning
Exciting newly created position!
About Our Client
Michael Page has partnered with a rapidly growing Consumer Packaged Goods company to find a Director of Global Supply Chain Planning to join their team. Headquartered in Vancouver, the company is one of the largest manufacturers in British Columbia with products distributed around the world. Their brand is continuously recognized as a leader in the industry after more than 50 years of business.
Their continued growth has created an exciting opportunity for someone to lead the Global Supply Chain Planning function. This new position will play a key part in the development, improvement and strategic direction of the overall Supply Chain team.
The company prides itself on offering their employees a positive culture, work-life balance, career growth and ability to make a significant impact.
The Director of Global Planning is a strategic role critical for the profitability of the company. This position will provide direction and leadership to the Planning department staff. The primary internal contacts for this position are: VP Global Planning, Operations, Procurement, Inventory, Manufacturing, Warehousing & Distribution, Quality, Sales, Finance and Product Development.
The Director of Global Planning will oversee all activities related to the creation of business units unconstrained sales forecast at aggregated and granular levels, as well as developing a constrained supply plan to meet customer needs in an efficient manner. This position is responsible for the development and implementation of demand and supply strategies, management of collaborative planning initiatives with key customers, inventory planning and supply projections to fulfill demand. The position requires daily coordination with various internal teams and is necessary to ensure overall tactical responsiveness. This position plays a key role in the Sales and Operations Planning process, which is considered vital to the company's success.
The Director of Global Planning will take into consideration the company's commitment to sustainability (people, the planet, and profit) in the planning and implementation of all actions related to their area of responsibility.
Job Description & Duties:
- Responsible for the accuracy of the unconstrained demand forecast
- Responsible for the execution of supply plan to meet customer demand
- Approve and plan global demand/supply based on forecast inputs and available inventory in network
- Own global service levels, inventory and schedule attainment and adherence metrics
- Ensure supply planning associates are creating MPS plan for Site Schedulers
- Re-position inventory as needed
- Own allocation decisions and coordinate such decisions with Sales
- Ensure that master data is clean and updated per standard work. Own Master data - Part master and BOM
- Recognized expert in identifying and implementing sustained improvements in supply/demand alignment and reducing overall supply chain volatility across the organization
- Effectively lead functions across the value streams to identify root cause analysis and implement corrective actions
- Responsible for managing S&OP Demand, Supply and Balancing steps for full time horizon
- Will be a key member of S&OP team therefore, will break down monthly S&OP demand plan and enable inventory distribution throughout the network
- Hire top talent within the Supply Chain team. Continuously support, motivate and develop team members to create a positive, high performance environment.
- Lead process excellence and continuous improvement efforts with little supervision
- Effectively negotiate and communicate cross-functionally across the organization, coordinating with various functions to exceed objectives
- Follow established procedures and best practices
- Effectively establish cross functional, collaborative relationships (where applicable) with New Product Development, Formulations, Customers, Quality, Procurement, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
The Successful Applicant
Education and Certifications:
- Requires bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related discipline and at least 10 years of planning experience
- MBA or Master Degree is highly recommended
- Minimum 5 years of experience at Director level in Global Corporations, with proven success record in a fast moving consumer goods environment
- IBF Certified Professional Forecaster or similar designation
- Green Belt certification preferred
- APICS Certification or related Supply Chain certifications preferred
- Effectively applies Lean and Green Belt tools in daily rapid problem solving activities
- Expert in analyzing data and identifying areas for improvement
- Demonstrates excellent ability to react and resolve disruptions in Supply Chain and keep customer focused perspective
- Capacity to complete work with little to no supervision
- Able to coach and train others as needed
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills; possesses excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; anticipates potential issues and resolves them
- Expert in interacting with team members and peers to anticipate and resolve day-to-day issues and competing project priorities
- Self-starter, self-motivated, ability to work independently with little to NO supervision and instruction, and takes initiative to learn new products/areas.
- Highly efficient in working with related project team members and colleagues to develop and implement continuous improvement solutions
- Must understand all trade-offs when orchestrating S&OP discussions
- Must be proficient in RCCP concepts
- Natural leader, with proven track record of leading process transformations in previous assignments
- A strategic thinker, a person who understands details but rather focuses on a top-down approach to problems and solutions
- Strong ability to negotiate, influence and mobilize the Organization
- Self-confident and self-starter
- Ability to remain focused on core processes despite outside influence
- Highly effective communicator
- Creative and resourceful
- Highly organized and analytical
What's on Offer
- Relocation costs covered
- Competitive compensation package
- Career growth opportunities in a company and market that is expanding globally
- Work-life balance. Located in the beautiful British Columbia, ideal place for people who loves the outdoors.
- Opportunity for people who wants to make an impact. Ability to designing a new process, a new system or implementing a new idea. We are all about striving for a better way to do our job.