Director of Global Planning
Newly created position
Exciting opportunity to join a leading Canadian brand!
About Our Client
Michael Page has partnered with a rapidly growing Consumer Packaged Goods company to find a Director of Global Supply Chain Planning to join their team. Headquartered in Vancouver, the company is one of the largest manufacturers in British Columbia with products distributed around the world. Their brand is continuously recognized as a leader in the industry.
The company prides itself on offering their employees a positive culture, work-life balance, career growth and ability to make a significant impact.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and project management of the long term global and regional supply chain planning projects.
- Analyze current processes, develop strategies and implement business improvement projects to enhance the Supply Chain function
- Create key metrics for assessing effectiveness of the supply chain, implement changes when necessary
- Develop strategic plans to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations.
- Develop and regularly update production forecasts to meet customer and business requirements.
- Drive communication through S&OP process to ensure cross functional alignment on proposed optimal scenario
- Ensure S&OP decisions are implemented.
- Lead strategy for creation, management and continuous improvement of rough cut capacity plans (RCCP) and a Network MPS. Review multi-site constraints to balance Demand and Supply.
- Directly manage global service levels and inventory/schedule attainment
- Collaborate with site to understand root causes of supply issues, define, and follow through corrective actions plans
- Create a vision and strategy for development and continuous improvement of Supply Chain processes, systems, analytics and metrics
- Own allocation decisions while coordinating with sales
- Defines and manage the monthly forecast and annual budget planning processes to ensure both are aligned
- Identify cost drivers, deliver cost savings and quality improvements in line with the organization's expectations
- Identify and address long-term, medium-term and short-term supply chain risks
- Collaborate with other functional groups to capture and resolve opportunities and issues where customers (internal & external) are affected
- Responsible for employee selection, development, mentoring, and performance management.
- Continuously support, motivate and develop team to create a positive high-performance environment
- Ensure best practices and established procedures are followed
- Establish and maintain cross functional, collaborative relationships with teams
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related discipline
- MBA or Masters Degree preferred
- 10 years of planning experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience at Director level in Global Corporations, with proven success record in a fast-moving consumer goods environment
- IBF Certified Professional Forecaster or similar designation
- Green Belt certification preferred
- APICS Certification or related Supply Chain certifications preferred
- Effectively applies Lean and Green Belt tools in daily rapid problem-solving activities
- Natural leadership ability with proven track record of leading process transformations
- Strong ability to negotiate
- Highly effective communicator
What's on Offer
- Relocation costs covered
- Competitive compensation package
- Career growth opportunities in a company and market that is expanding globally
- Work-life balance.