Director of Customer Service.
Director of Customer Service.
Market leading Building Materials business.
About Our Client
A market leading Building Materials Manufacturing business.
Summary of the Role: The Director of Customer Experience is responsible for providing overall guidance and supervision for the entire Customer Support Team. This includes the Customer Support Representatives, the Quotations Team, and the Project Management Team. They will be responsible for the entire Customer life cycle from Quote Request to Installation. The Director of Customer Experience is responsible for overall implementation of service targets and metrics for the Service Team to fulfill. Maintain ongoing relationships with customers and interface with sales staff and Production on a regular basis. Key contributor in the following activities: hiring, development of training and development modules. Provides interface between customer support to our customers and outside sales personnel. They will be a key driver of service excellence. Develop and direct implementation of plans and/or programs to ensure the most effective utilization of services to support entity objectives. Proactively focus the organization on services best practices and actively strive towards a lean business culture.
Organization: Organizational Leader competency model.
Budget: Creates departmental budget, manages department to budget during fiscal year.
Main Job Duties:
- Creates a vision for delivering exceptional service across multiple customer channels. They will be someone who has managed complex and integrated systems in the building, has managed takeoffs and CAD drawings, etc.
- Provides day to day operations leadership, guidance, development and motivation to staff to achieve superior results and accomplish overall business objectives, and champions creative change to improve processing and service levels.
- Partner with the Leadership team to ensure services practices meet strategic business objectives. Initiate, develop, implement and administer services programs, practices and policies that support the business and ensure optimization with industry standards and regulations. Provide proactive leadership in effective communication, delivery and administration of these policies and programs.
- Oversee all aspects of the project management function to include pre-bid design, quotations and applications engineering groups.
- Oversee implementation of programs through the services staff. Promote teamwork and a positive interpersonal communication environment. Assure administration to standards and compliance with legal requirements. Identify opportunities and resolve discrepancies.
- Work with Production Leadership to ensure on time completion of Customer Orders and work with Finance Leadership to ensure accurate and on time invoicing.
- Develop, train and motivate staff on a day to day basis, establish goals and provide performance feedback per the businesses performance management process.
- Develop and manage the budget including, but not limited to Project Services.
- Perform other similar and related duties as required.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have;
- Be leader in the customer service function in a Building Materials manufacturing business now.
- Have lead Installation, Project Management and Estimating teams.
- Have a thirst to develop their career in their space.
Education: Minimum BA/ BS in Business or closely related field. Evidence of continual learning accomplished during career.
Experience: A minimum of 10 years of increasingly responsible services experience in building materials, prior working experience working at companies that have recognized effectiveness in their services practices. Demonstrated services leadership working for a business with multiple operating units with a presence in multiple states or countries.
Strong generalist background with knowledge of Project Management and complex systems design. Must have
Strong leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to supervise and manage others. Provide leadership, guidance, development and motivation to achieve superior results and accomplish overall business objectives.
Strong/demonstrated leadership, team building, positive interpersonal and relationship development skills. Ability to interact in a diverse fast paced environment. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent skills in Project Management, demonstrated ability to make timely and effective decision, handle multiple priorities and effectively delegate responsibilities to ensure high quality service is delivered on time and within budget. Able to manage, design and implements process and systems to maximize department or organization performance.
Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization. Must be an effective listener, able to maintain focus extract necessary information and validate understanding of the information. Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from top management, clients and public groups, as required.
Must have solid business acumen and understanding of a variety of functional areas within the business.
Key areas of skill and structure important to the client;
DRIVEN BY KPIs
STRONG MANAGER & COACHES AND MAKES DECISIONS
ULTIMATE PEOPLE PERSON AND ESCALATION FOR CUSTOMERS
LEVERAGES TECHNOLOGY TO MOVE US TO NEXT LEVEL, DRIVING IMPLEMENTATION
What's on Offer
A market leading package and benefits.