Director of Construction
Brand new high-rise division with well extinguished developer
Huge project pipeline with excellent compensation package
About Our Client
50 year's established home builder based in Toronto that has progressed into stacked town homes over the last 5-10 years. Now building out a brand new high-rise division, with the first major project breaking ground this year. Currently have around 50 people in the business, including office and field staff.
Client has been land banking for 20 years - significant amounts of land across Brampton, Vaughn, Markham among other areas. They have established an extensive project pipeline with plans to build out over the next 2 decades.
Working under the vice president, the position will involve the following key responsibilities:
- Responsible for the administration and management of various construction projects.
- Work intimately with the project managers, superintendent and other colleagues to coordinate and ensure the schedule, safety and quality control.
- Work alongside the owner, architects and engineers to facilitate design and construction processes.
- Manage estimating, scheduling, quality control, reporting progress, reviewing and coordinating design and safety coordination.
- Attend proposal meeting with the owner to review and discuss the scope of work, ways of reducing costs and provide ideas for value engineering.
- Manage the buyout of the project and assist in selecting subcontractors.
- Conduct job-site meetings on the job site twice a week while conducting progress meetings with the owner and the rest of the construction team.
- Communicate effectively with all parties involved in the project and remain cost conscious at all times.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 8 years on-site experience as a project manager in the multi-residential sector.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- A proven team builder who demonstrates a collaborative attitude on the job site.
- Strong knowledge of construction techniques, specifications and drawings.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Health and Safety regulations as they apply to construction.
- Computer savvy (Office, CM software, etc.)
What's on Offer
Generous base salary plus compensation package