- Join an established Developer
- Competitive base salary
About Our Client
Our client is a widely diversified real estate and land development company with extensive experience in building low-rise and high-rise residential projects.
Reporting to the CFO/COO, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Manage the preparation and review of all monthly, quarterly and annual reports and associated consolidated financial statements, footnotes, management's discussion and analysis and supporting schedules.
- Oversee all regulatory compliance requirements.
- Manage accounting team members (currently four employees) by overseeing and reviewing prepared work while also provides leadership and guidance on appropriate accounting processes to complete the tasks at hand.
- Oversee all policies set by the assigned entities, including but not limited to, liquidity policy, tax policy, etc.
- Ensure that all filing deadlines are met and all reporting requirements are fulfilled.
- Manage operational, general ledger, and general accounting departments.
- Monitor and manage cash flow, cash requirements, and cash investment policy for all properties to meet the cash needs.
- Evaluate all significant accounting transactions; research and implement relevant accounting technical standards.
- Ensure that operational and design effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting is maintained.
- Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation and delivery of all regular and ad hoc management reports.
- Coordinate the preparation of annual tax filings and be the point person for all year-end reviews and tax returns.
- Oversee the processing of all accounts payable and accounts receivable for all properties.
- Prepare monthly forecasts and operational reports at the request of management for all properties under management and the management companies.
- Responsible for meeting all investor and lender-imposed deadlines.
- Interact with other accounting team members, asset managers, property managers and all other areas of the company to ensure prompt resolution of issues and achieve maximum efficiency of operations.
- Assist with the roll out of any new MRI Software initiatives.
- Be a liaison with MRI Technical Support to constantly improve software utilization.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class otherwise protected under applicable human rights legislation. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled and all other qualified applicants
The Successful Applicant
- Accounting designation (CA) is a MUST.
- Experience with all aspects of accounting for low rise developments, high rise developments (condos), partnership, shopping center/retail property accounting (CAM recs, etc.)
- Experience in the review and preparation of working papers for outside accountants.
- Experience in dealing with revenue Canada for corporate tax issues, preparation of payroll (ADP), and other tax issues that arise from time to time.
- Strong familiarity with Yardi software, REMS (Newstar), Caseware, as well as Microsoft Excel and Word
- Knowledge of database and accounting computer application systems.
- At least 10 years of experience in financial management with increasing responsibilities for multi-faceted direction and planning.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, Corporate tax laws, accounting and financial reporting software and sound management principles.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Entrepreneurial orientation and the ability to multi-task in a variety of special projects.
- A solid grasp of business concepts, realistic judgment, and quantitative and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to maintain data integrity and accuracy and use data to identify and solve problems.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple tasks within a defined time period.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Comprehensive understanding of internal controls.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a team-player mentality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be self-motivated and work independently with minimal supervision.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Private gym in office