Development Manager with Planning Background
Opportunity with a large and established company
Interesting high rise residential projects
About Our Client
Our client is a developer, owner, and operator of real estate assets with a value-add strategy. They invest in high growth markets and are currently growing their Toronto operations where they will need someone to lead the office from the front.
Key responsibilities for the Development Manager:
- Responsible for overall development project management from assistance with project conception to execution and closeout.
- Will be involved in new acquisitions and design of new projects in and around Toronto
- Coordinate with the necessary permitting authorities for the receipt of regulatory permits for these projects
- Responsible for soliciting the services of architects, engineers, and consultants, and then for managing those contracts
- Coordinate directly with Asset Management to conceive and execute the development strategies for our properties
- Work with construction and accounting to prepare and track budgets and schedules for each project and will manage each project within the approved project budget and schedule
The Successful Applicant
- At least 5 years' experience within development and construction
- Understanding and experience with permitting process in Toronto and the surrounding areas
- Experience completing high end residential construction projects.
- A strong urban planning background
- Demonstrable experience with essential development contracts such as contracts for architectural services, engineering services, and general contracting services.
- Demonstrable experience with permitting agencies, either as an architect or owners' project manager.
- Fluent reading architectural and engineering plans for residential real estate
What's on Offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits based on experience and capabilities based on the local Toronto market