- Opportunity to work remote
- Chance to work with latest technologies
About Our Client
This is collage for Physicians and Surgeons
- Application Design - Design new application and modify design of existing applications.
- By analyzing business processes and/or business requirements documents - consider available technology options and opportunities:
- Research technology options and tools.
- Model scenarios - create prototypes - define flexible and reusable architectural framework.
- Define solutions for projects.
- Ensure consistency with the overall strategy for College systems.
- Design must be in line with business needs, defined in such a way as to enable developers to be able to develop the solution which is within the control of the BA group.
- Application Development- Develop and maintain custom software application programs and related systems for CPSO staff.
- By using various development tools and platforms, design, write and test programs. Follow accepted standards and conventions where appropriate.
- Ensure interoperability between components.
- Interoperability can be challenging when the available tools are not amongst the established competencies of the developer team.
- Application Integration
- Investigation and Research of available off the shelf products- Integration and customization of off the shelf products or integration between internal products.
- Application Support and Maintenance - Address issues/fix problems, systems or data, respond to ad-hoc requests for information Address issues/fix problems systems or data, respond to ad-hoc requests for information.
- By responding in a timely manner to immediate requests/issues with various levels of urgency, following review with stakeholders and/or IT staff. Prioritize and "multi-task" these items with regular project work.
- Implement application changes
- Provide mentoring and guidance to other team members regarding existing systems and platforms.
- Research Internet to find information related to problems and/or alternate solutions related to applications.
- Gather information provided by Business Analysts and check with applications / databases before providing a solution.
- Read previous documentation, Microsoft recommended solutions, research Internet. To provide information about processes or program statistics I may gather data from multiple databases in order to present a full picture.
- The challenge of addressing issues/fixing problems is proportional to the scale of the problem and how well documented the system components are.
- By reviewing website information, enrolling in training courses, reading books, attending seminars and conferences, discussing with other IT professionals, etc. Continually improve knowledge and skill proficiency
- Pursue professional development of job-related knowledge, skills and judgment with the College sponsored training during the working hours and after.
- Technical information is collected from known sources such as MSDN, SQL Server Books Online, Microsoft TechNet articles, Microsoft developer community forums etc. to implement prescribed best practices
- Information for troubleshooting issues can be scarce when dealing with new technologies, or when the developer team does not have access to potential troubleshooting resources such as a Microsoft MVP or training resources such as Pluralsight.
- Propose ideas for solving problems or improving existing processes
- identify systems issues, applications opportunities and strategic options
- By writing effective documents and memos to/for both internal staff and external contacts - create technical documents - create technical diagrams - write letters and memos.
- Upload applications developed/maintained to QA environment for review and test by Business Analysts to ensure data consistency and integrity and to ensure that the updates reflect business requirements. Promote completed work in software such as Azure DevOps, Team Foundation Server and Helpdesk.
- Enter test data / information into databases in the Developer environment to perform unit test and to ensure data consistency and integrity.
- Perform Unit test to check for completeness of work according to business requirements.
- Develop and perform queries against databases to produce information used by others to inform the decision-making process, understand the status of a process or provide statistics or other interesting information to internal or external stakeholders.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class otherwise protected under applicable human rights legislation. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled and all other qualified applicants
The Successful Applicant
- General: understanding of computers, operating systems, programming fundamentals, relational databases, software development lifecycle, object oriented development methodology, Agile development methodologies.
- Operating systems and server software: Windows 2003/2005/2008/2016/ Server and up, XP/Windows 7/Windows 10, IIS 6/7, MS Exchange, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2016 and up, TFS, Task Scheduler and Windows services.
- Other tools: Teamplate, Visio, Aspose, Red Gate, SharePoint, Solomon, Azure DevOps, Visual Studio 2003 and up, Resharper.
- Designing, developing and supporting internet/intranet/extranet e-business sites/applications/systems and the interfaces/integration to back-end systems/databases. Experience designing, developing and implementing two and three tier client-server business applications.
- Database interfacing technologies - SQL, T-SQL, ODBC, ADO, ADO.Net
- Understanding of database structures experience developing application database interfaces.- Web and client/server experience on Windows.
- Ability to listen to a user, understand their needs, propose alternatives, and specify the best solution.
- Writing design, test, and user documentation.
- Ability to translate functional requirements into software with minimal guidance.
- Developing software with the aid of software methodologies (XP, RAD, iterative, phased, Agile etc.)
- Systems analysis, design, construction, bug tracking, test, and support skills.
- Code management and bug tracking tools.
- Other: ability to develop an understanding of 3rd party software ( ICD-10, CCI and ENCODE coding systems, Teamplate, OMR, Aspose)
- IT education - degree/diploma/Microsoft Certification
- Solid IT experience - i.e. 5 + years real experience
What's on Offer