Chief Risk Officer
Great corporate culture that promotes career and personal development
Opportunity to take a leadership role a globally recognized bank
À propos de notre client
Our client is a globally recognized bank with growing market presence all across North America with more than 1200 offices in 25 countries. Its 11 branches in Canada serve the cities of Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver, Burnaby, Coquitlam, and Richmond.
Description de poste
The Chief Risk Officer (CRO) is responsible to comply with the roles and responsibilities of the Corporate Governance as the Chief Officer of the 2nd line of defense. The CRO works with management and the Board of Directors (Board) to support strong and sustainable business performance through independent identification, measurement, monitoring, and reporting of all significant risks of the Bank. The CRO oversees, leads, and manages the Risk Management Department (RMD) and provides oversight and independent challenge to risks managed across the Bank.
The CRO has unfettered access to the Board, the Chief Executive Officer, and all the information, records and personnel of the Bank, and has authority to follow-up with management in response to identified issues and related recommendations.
Board, Committee, and Leadership Accountability:
- Provides support to the Risk Management Committee of the Board.
- Chairs both the Loan Review Committee (meets on a quarterly basis) and the Risk Management Steering Committee (meets on a monthly basis). Effectively presents with credibility and presence, to the Bank's Senior Management team.
- Participates actively as a member of the Asset & Liability Committee and the Information Security Committee by attending meetings, strategic planning sessions, and various other meetings thereby staying informed as to emerging risks as well as providing compliance reporting as required by regulation or policy.
- Provides quarterly risk reporting to the President/CEO and the Board's Risk Management Committee an assessment of the Bank's profile and alignment with its risk appetite, including:
- Develops, maintains and communicates the Bank's Risk Appetite Statement (RAS), including:
- Provision of assistance to the Board in defining and articulating the overall risk appetite;
- Establishment of limits that reflect the Bank's risk appetite, consistent with its overall strategy, risk capacity, mission and governing objectives; and
- Communicating the Risk Appetite to employees to help promote a sound risk culture.
- Ensures compliance with the Bank Act, regulation and expectations which are applicable to the Bank including, but not limited to, the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI), Canadian Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC).
- Develops and maintains the Bank's Risk Management Framework (RMF) and related risk governance structure to enable the Bank to effectively identify, assess, measure, manage, monitor and report on risk exposures.
- Takes a leadership role in the development, implementation, and coordination of the Bank's risk management function that links together the Bank's various risk assessment and control processes to determine the level of risk to earnings, capital and reputation to provide practical and actionable risk intelligence and strategic awareness.
- Oversees audits, reviewing compliance, documenting action plans, defining risk control policies, generating management reporting tools, providing in-house user training, evaluating market trends, and creating IT risk strategy.
- Oversees RMD's performance of compliance procedures for ALM, Investments, Investment Services, and Member Credit areas to determine compliance with regulations, corporate policies, and departmental procedures.
- Oversees the credit function encompassing the performance of credit reviews and the development of credit risk measures for (non-treasury/agency) investment securities, banks, broker/dealers, counterparties and key vendors.
Le candidat idéal
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a Risk, Credit, Market or Operational Risk Leader within the banking/financial industry of which a minimum of 5 years of experience in a risk management role.
- 4-Year Bachelor's Degree; finance, economics, business administration, statistics, or management.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent.
- A Financial Risk Management (FRM) designation preferred, but not required.
- Working knowledge of Canadian Banking practices, risk factors, control methodologies, review and monitoring tools.
- Strong knowledge of Canadian banking and related regulatory requirements.
- Technology Skills Required: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Skills necessary to use complex auditing and statistical analysis software in monitoring risks.
- Change readiness-Positively embraces change adjusting behaviour as necessary.
- Collaboration and Teamwork - Works cooperatively and collaboratively with others internal and external to the Bank to accomplish individual and organizational objectives.
- Communication and Presentation- Conveys information effectively in a variety of settings, applying the best mode of communication for the situation. Experience presenting complex material in a clear and concise manner.
- Continuous learning and improvement - Continually participates in development opportunities to improve personal knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as the organization's success and efficiency.
- Creative thinking, problem solving, analytical and mathematically-inclined - Anticipates needs; thinks critically about business issues; addresses problems and issues in innovative ways, analyzes relevant data and weighs alternatives, and chooses best plan of action.
- Ownership/Accountability - Takes responsibility for decision-making and accomplishing objectives within role; demonstrates initiative to enhance value.
Ce qui est offert
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Opportunity to take a leadership role a globally recognized bank