Opportunity to lead in a fast-growth company with fantastic culture
Competitive salary and growth opportunities
About Our Client
A renowned builder and development of luxury low and md-rise new homes in some of the most desirable communities across Toronto, GTA and Hamilton. Their past projects were extremely successful and they're now engaged on at least 4 more large projects for the coming year.
This position serves as a Sr. Director in the corporation and provides comprehensive Financial Analysis and Reporting on multiple Real Estate and Development transactions. The position reports directly to the President and will have co-investment opportunities with the Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee and lead all aspects of project investment decisions and analysis including Equity and Debt sources and uses and pro-forma generation and for setup and maintenance of all partnership accounting records.
- Lead the new initiatives of the Company in development of Healthcare related facilities with a special focus in Retirement Homes.
- Ability to present a well formulated analysis to lead the negotiations with various financial partners including both equity participants, commercial banks, and secondary debt providers and mezzanine lenders.
- Act as a Financial Project Manager for all the Development Projects where the Company makes an Equity / Debt investment.
- Performance Improvement and restructuring expertise with ability to negotiate with lenders in distressed and problematic situations.
- Lead the Financial Due Diligence, and Valuation for various investment opportunities and navigate various property and asset valuation reports from vendors in high intensity deal environments.
- Must have proven C-Suite executive leadership experience and proven ability for leading the budgeting process and the generation of monthly financial statements, generating management fee billing calculations, abstracting leases and tenant set up, year-end CAM reconciliations, and lead regular communication with Project Managers.
- Develop project Pro-Forma's with timelines, Development Cost Analysis with hard and soft costs, Sources and Uses: Equity and Debt requirements, identifying Cash Flows, and investor payback Waterfall
- Month-End and Year-End responsibilities include reviewing trial balance and budget variance by Project and journal entries, bank reconciliations, generating monthly financial statements.
- Communicate regularly with Development and Construction departments to lead the monthly review of draw requests to lenders and project cost variance reporting.
- Responsible for set up and maintenance of all partnership accounting records.
This position is responsible for the direct supervision of other management level employees and must demonstrate team leadership and strong execution expertise. Responsibility will include the supervision and coordination of and between Attorneys, Design professionals, Contractors, Project Management, and complex Asset Management.
The Successful Applicant
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance is required. CPA/CA and MBA are strong assets.
- Minimum Experience: Minimum 10 years' experience is required. Prior CEO/CFO experience is required. Big-4 accounting firm experience is a strong asset. Six Sigma black belt or Military leadership experience is a strong asset. Must be able to lead teams and manage several projects with tight timelines. Must have thorough knowledge of accounting practices and principles with proven experience.
What's on Offer
- Great opportunity to lead in a high-growth home development company
- Competitive compensation and amazing work culture