Buyer - MRO/CAPEX
Great opportunity with a market leader
Strategic purchasing role
About Our Client
Our client is a market leader in bulding materials supporting the construction sector. Thorough working knowledge of purchasing policies, processes and procedures is important as this role is the procurement point of contact for operations and our supply base.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Includes the following; other duties may be assigned as required.
- Responsible for supporting and assisting Operations with sourcing of parts and services to ensure business operating efficiently.
- Process and administer purchase orders via the procurement system (Ariba and SAP), including price negotiations, manage inquiries, expediting and status reviews.
- Support the maintenance of Departmental (KPI's) key performance indicators
- Preparation and coordination of all aspects of bidding process for RF's (e.g. Request for Proposal, Request for Information, Request for Quote).
- Responsible for ensuring vendor communication and vendor performance is adhere to Operations requirements
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from an accredited College or University and/or three to five years related experience and/or training/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have extensive Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, and Word).
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management, Negotiation, Cost Analysis, Vendor Relationships, as well as accounting terms and concepts and maintenance operations.
- Understanding of concrete/construction industry will be preferred.
- Awareness of procurement processes, accounts payables, and receiving functions will be preferred.
What's on Offer
Great company and opportunity