Join a fast growing, professional team
Develop financial accounting skillset
About Our Client
Our client has a reputation as a Toronto developer who invests in exciting neighbourhoods, improving the quality of entire communities. Every one of their celebrated projects integrates seamlessly into its surroundings, respecting the historic look and feel of the area while providing a glimpse into what could be.
- Full cycle accounting for all project and operating companies
- Analyze, reconcile, balance and maintain accounting records - accounts receivable, accounts payable, completing cheque runs, looking into cash flows and preparing payroll for employees.
- Produce draw certificates for projects, ensuring all necessary documentation is provided, signatures obtained, statutory declarations and WSIB certificates
- Input and update project budgets, ensuring change orders and purchase orders are entered accurately and on a timely basis
- Monthly remittances -HST and WSIB
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed, deposit books prepared and taking cheques to the bank if required.
- Visa Reconciliation on a monthly basis
- Union remittances
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class otherwise protected under applicable human rights legislation. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled and all other qualified applicants
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum of 2 years relevant accounting work experience, required
- Accounting designation, an asset
- Experience with construction draws, an asset
- Knowledge of payroll and union legislation, an asset
- Knowledge of Timberline, an asset
- A thorough knowledge of MS Excel, Outlook and Word
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal as well as oral/written communication skills
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary with full benefit package.