Bilingual Human Resources Manager
Exciting opportunity to lead the HR function for Canada
Global brand that continues to expand!
About Our Client
ECCO Canada has a wide range of footwear in various styles - dress, casual, sport, running and golf. The company continues to expand across the globe by adding new stores and constantly innovating. Although their size has grown, they continue to have a family oriented culture focused on their employees and customers. Want to be a part of this exciting time at ECCO? We have an exciting opportunity for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive Company related human resource objectives and oversee them to successful completion.
- Develop, support and communicate HR policies and procedures, including review of existing policies and recommending changes where necessary.
- Maintain, revise and communicate the Employee Handbook and other Company policies.
- Serve as the primary liaison for managers and staff around employee relations issues.
- Support managers to ensure human resource needs are met that relate to talent management, total rewards/compensation, employee relations, training, and human resource operations.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are consistently followed.
- Facilitate employee Annual Performance Review (APR) process.
- Administer compensation management and adjustments in partnership with Managers and the Payroll Department.
- Manage recruiting function in partnership with vendors and hiring managers (E.g. resume review, leading telephone interviews, in-person interviews).
- Manage Personality Index (PI) and Cubiks (cognitive processing/mathematical reasoning) testing for applicable New Hires (previous certification is an asset)
- Streamline, design and manage New Hire On-boarding process.
- Design and coordinate HR training and development for Head Office and Retail (in coordination with National Retail Trainer).
- Coordinate with the Payroll Department to administor payroll changes.
- Design and perform safety training and safety plan (in coordination with National Retail Trainer).
- Facilitate and manage benefits administration (in coordination with the Payroll Department).
- Administer and process benefit enrollment or change information to plan providers, distribute information and explain benefits programs to employees.
- Respond to unemployment and disability claims and coordinate paperwork for leaves, disability, etc.
- Assist in Worker's Compensation administration, tracking and reporting.
- Maintain and audit Employee Personnel Files on an ongoing basis, ensuring compliance with Federal and Provincial laws.
- Work with management and/or Office Administrator & Executive Assistant on company celebratory events and reward/recognition initiatives.
- Complete additional duties as assigned.
- Maintain a positive attitude and make a valuable contribution towards maintaining ECCO's culture of passion, innovation and sustainability.
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of employment law and HR compliance.
- Experience supporting senior management and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Outstanding people management skills, strategic leadership abilities, and ability to grow programs.
- A collaborative work style and the ability to either take direction or work independently as the situation requires.
- Demonstrated focus on employee relations.
- Familiarity with ADP and basic knowledge of payroll processes preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and an ability to learn new technology (SAP experience is an asset).
- Ability to handle sensitive personnel issues and can maintain strict confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems and propose solutions.
- Exercise excellent judgment in decision-making, problem solving, and ability to explain his/her perspective to others.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to tolerate a high degree of ambiguity, and to negotiate with people having defined opinions while maintaining positive, respectful relationships. Emotionally mature and self-reliant.
- Ability to work in highly dynamic, ever-changing environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Some travel required.
The Successful Applicant
Education and Experience:
- 8+ years of HR experience preferred, including knowledge of employment laws across Canada, and general payroll compliance.
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related field.
- CHRL certification preferred.
- Bilingual (French & English) highly preferred.
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation package.