CA$100,000 - CA$120,000
About Our Client
Big Data platform for mobility, changing transportation and urban planning to help shape the world through improved infrastructure and new forms of mobility.
- Design, implement, and maintain back-end components within the StreetLight InSight SaaS web application.
- Collaborate with other engineers, QA and Product Management within a regular monthly release cadence.
- Write automated unit tests and participate in peer design and code reviews.
- Productize analytics handoffs from the Data Science and Data Engineering team.
- Tune StreetLight InSight for performance, scalability, and reliable operation to serve our growing customer base.
- Assist Support and Operations in resolving production issues when needed, and improve the product to avoid them in the future.
The Successful Applicant
- BS / MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or an Engineering discipline from a top university.
- 3+ years of experience developing web-based SaaS applications, preferably in an enterprise market.
- Proficiency in back-end web development, and good understanding of tools/concepts such as ORM, multi-threading, message queues, etc.
- Proficiency in Python, Java, or a similar programming language.
- Strong understanding of databases, and proficiency in SQL.
- Product and customer orientation.
- Good communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Quick learner, and a strong team player.
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation and growth opportunity