Opportunity to lead at a high-growth company
Competitive compensation and benefits
About Our Client
Our client is a top-performing cannabis company based in downtown Toronto.
- Maintain an in-depth and up to date knowledge and understanding of both US GAAP and international accounting standards.
- Direct the monthly close process, including review of journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations and analytical review procedures in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Generate consolidated multi-currency financial statements, financial position and management reports and other documents.
- Evaluate and update internal control policies, processes and procedures for activities such as cash and credit management, accounting, and regulatory compliance.
- Perform overall financial statement analytical reviews, variance analysis and review all subjective accounts.
- Assist the Corporate Controller in managing the external auditors.
- Managing the budget to actual review process with key department leaders across the organization.
- Assist with process improvement and automation across all areas of Accounting/Finance.
- Oversee the training and development of finance accounting team, and delegate duties and authority to meet departmental and organizational goals.
- Review financial data on a quarterly basis and consult with VP of Finance and Corporate Controller about problems or discrepancies.
The Successful Applicant
- BA in Accounting or Finance with CPA, CA designation required
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in Big 4 public accounting firm preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of direct management experience required.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP required.
- Experience with sophisticated ERP systems required.
- Self-motivated and detailed oriented individual who will drive process improvements.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team coupled with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and the ability to manage conflicting priorities within structured deadlines and deliverables.
- Must have ability to travel as needed.
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to join a high-growth company in an exciting industry
- Casual and friendly corporate culture
- Competitive compensation and benefits