Great corporate culture that promotes career and personal development
Competitive salary and benefits
About Our Client
Our client is a leading full-service mining contractor with operations across Canada, Central America, and USA. The company's client list includes some of the world's largest and most respected mining companies.
They are the contractor of choice for the most technically challenging underground projects, including mine construction, full-scale mine development, production mining, mine services and engineering.
* Providing planning and control information by assembling and analysing historical financial data, identifying trends, providing forecasts, explaining processes and techniques, recommending actions
* Preparing monthly intercompany invoices and confirming intercompany balances
* Assisting with preparation of budgets and financial forecasts
* Overseeing accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses
* Assisting in ensuring the accuracy of data capture
* Assisting with management of inventory
* Preparing reports for monthly BOD review
* Collecting operational data on cost-effectiveness and identifying opportunities for improvement
* Generation and automation of reports in MS Excel and gathering of data for ad hoc analysis.
* Preparing and filing monthly sales tax remittances
* Conducting internal audits, and providing information to the external auditors
* Supporting month end and year end close process
* Assisting with tax audits and tax returns
* Recording newly-acquired fixed assets, recording depreciation and disposing of fixed assets.
The Successful Applicant
* Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or any science or business-related field desired
* A professional accounting designation is desired but not necessary, but accounting understanding must be demonstrated along with a desire to obtain an accounting designation* Minimum 3 years' experience in the finance area
* Cash flow management experience an asset
* Excellent analytical skills; strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong proficiency in MS Excel required.
* The successful candidate will be self-directed and have the ability to use judgment when setting priorities and meeting deadlines* He or she will possess and be able to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills
* He or she will possess and be able to demonstrate very strong numerical ability
* French and / or Spanish language skills a plus.
What's on Offer
- Exciting growth opportunities to lead and progress
- Competitive salary and benefits