About Our Client
Our client is a leading non-for-profit organization in volunteer-based development organizations partnership and the dedication of our volunteers who are highly skilled and experienced in their professions, we have completed more than 46,000 assignments focused on improving the economic and social well-being of peoples across Canada and in more than 120 countries.
- Leads and manages the day-to-day accounting activities, processes and procedures, and month/year-end closing processes that contribute towards the preparation of complete, accurate and timely financial statements in accordance withCanadian GAAP for not-for-profit organizations
- Supervises and provides guidance to a small accounting team
- Performs detailed review of work prepared by direct reports (or delegates as appropriate) to ensure accurate and up-to-date accounting records
- Prepares or reviews and approves journal entries and monthly account reconciliations
- Provides guidance, such as orientation training, to other departmental staff including in-country representatives to ensure transactions adhere to and are in compliance with financial policies, funders' contracts and Canadian GAAP
- Provides program-specific financial documents and reports (e.g. invoices, A/R aging, A/R or Advances to Volunteer Advisors) as applicable to the appropriate staff to support business operations and/or enable proper follow up
- Works closely with the Finance team for external audits including preparation of working papers, lead sheets, and account reconciliations, and responses to inquiries.
The Successful Applicant
- 5-8 years of related experience
- Strong analytic skills and ability to work across various functions
- Experience with government contracts, an asset
- Bilingual - English / French, preferred
What's on Offer
- Competitive compensation package