Scope of role
About Our Client
Our client is a leading construction company located in Downtown Toronto.
- Manage the full cycle accounts payable for the construction.
- Prepare & submit draws to cost consultants/banks on a monthly basis
- Reconciles monthly draws (i.e. budget, cost-to-date, holdback); Checking, verifying whether sufficient Project funding are available and that requests are charged to correct budget lines;
- Ensure integrity of data - proper coding, allocation, etc.
- Ensure subcontractor compliance including setting up contractor files, tracking the validity of insurance, hold back reconciliation, Workers compensation compliance, Lien waiver tracking & pay application.
- Reports status of financial draws (requests & funding) to owners
- Ensure recording all pertinent transactions including setting up monthly accruals
- Prepare Project Pro Forma Statements, Stub Statements, Financial Statements, Audit Files (monthly for internal review and annually for audit)
The Successful Applicant
- Construction accounting background - heavily preferred
- Jonas Construction software
- 2-3 years of relevant experience
- University and/or College degree or real estate related field required
- Accounting designation or working towards is an asset
What's on Offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Inclusive corporate culture